Fountain helps whenever one is stuck on a problem, by connecting one with a highly rated expert who can help. In under 5 minutes one will be connected 1-on-1 through video chat, text and photos with annotation. Whether one has a gardening, plumbing or design project, they have the expert looked for. Fountain was borne out of Aaron Patzer's frustration with answering basic questions using the internet. While the internet is great for finding facts and documents, it often falls short for anything personal: home, health, relationships, pets, and anything nuanced: business, personal finance, and legal decisions. By contrast, a live, two-way interactive conversation provides far more useful information - often far faster - than searching, sifting, and endless Googling. The wider goal of Fountain is a new type of search: plain English typed or spoken is understood, and the asker is connected instantly to the person most qualified to answer and assist. They are using artificial intelligence in the service of connecting to the most powerful intelligence: another human.
Fountain is looking for a Sales Manager to lead a team of high performing Account Executives. You will be a frontline manager focused on building sales pipeline and achieving team quotas. You will collaborate closely with the Sales Development and Marketing teams to achieve aggressive company goals. The ideal candidate loves solving challenges, motivating their team and is constantly looking for ways to improve the sales process and conversion rates. This role works closely with and reports to the VP of Sales.
- Hire, coach, and develop a passionate team of Account Executives
- Foster a culture of strong achievement, inclusiveness, collaboration, creativity, and accountability while being a champion for your team’s career development
- Support direct reports by regularly participating in prospect and customer meetings
- Drive development of the team selling skills (discovery calls, demos, and negotiations) and improve behavioral skills needed to be successful in the role (effective communication, problem solving, and time management)
- Lead weekly business reviews and forecast activities to achieve sales goals and to hold individuals accountable
- Focus on metrics to continually assess sales performance and to fully understand underlying drivers
- Work closely with Sales Management, Sales Operations, Product and Customer Success to drive business results for Fountain
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in B2B sales with a proven track record of overachieving goals
- 4+ years of successful sales/relationship management experience
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities with varying deadlines
- Quarterly travel required to conferences