Sales Development Manager
Abacus is the only real-time expense management solution to reimburse your team, reconcile corporate cards, and automate your expense policy. By eliminating the month-end expense report, Abacus turns submitting and approving expenses into a delightful, collaborative experience. With our mobile app, you'll quickly submit and approve expenses on the go and reimbursements now happen within days. Abacus syncs with your accounting software and auto-matches transactions for hassle-free bookkeeping.
Come work with us! We're hiring: abacus.com/about#hiring
Abacus is looking for an experienced and hands on leader to help develop, train and manage a growing Business Development team based out of our new Midtown office.
You’ll be working closely with marketing - focusing on new outbound strategies to consistently meet monthly demo and revenue goals. Ideal candidates will have previous experience selling B2B SaaS solutions, with a proven ability to coach and lead by example for your team. You will understand the importance of being strategic with outreach at a balanced volume - holding your team accountable for weekly, monthly and quarterly targets.
- Manage and empower your team to be successful in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Recruit, hire and train new BDRs
- Constantly improve talk tracks, sales cadences and qualification criteria to exceed team target of opportunities each month
- Develop and implement outbound out-of-the-box sales strategies for the team including direct mail, incentives and other campaign ideas
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to drive efficiency and results
- Provide weekly team updates
- Participate in quarterly product and project planning
Success Criteria - Scale outbound sourced demos - Hit quarterly demos booked goals - Help sales hit new business revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of sales / business development experience, preferably in SaaS
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience upholding activity metrics (Cold calling, Prospecting etc.)
- Analytical and data driven
- Experience with prospecting and associated sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, etc.)
- History of exceeding outbound sales targetsPassionate about hiring and growing out a team of top performers
Additional Experience - Experience selling to financial decision makers within mid-market companies - You’ve studied or have some familiarity with finance or accounting