Sales Development Manager
Abacus is part of Emburse, a global leader in expense management and AP automation solutions, which is trusted by more than 4.5 million users in more than 120 countries. Over 14,000 customers, from start-ups to global enterprises organizations, rely on Emburse’s tailored, highly-configurable solutions. Emburse enables organizations to make faster, smarter decisions, empower business travelers to recapture lost nights and weekends spent doing tedious expense management, and help make users’ lives -- and their businesses -- better. For more information about Emburse, please visit emburse.com. Abacus, the #1 mid-market expense reporting software listed on G2 Crowd, is the only truly real-time expense reporting solution on the market. It is the easiest way for a company to reimburse its teams, implement their expense policy, and reconcile corporate credit cards throughout the month. More than 1,000 customers use Abacus, including GLG, Coinbase, and Betterment. For more information about Abacus’ solutions, please visit abacus.com.
Abacus is looking for an experienced and hands on leader to help develop, train and manage a growing Business Development team based out of our new Midtown office.
You’ll be working closely with marketing - focusing on new outbound strategies to consistently meet monthly demo and revenue goals. Ideal candidates will have previous experience selling B2B SaaS solutions, with a proven ability to coach and lead by example for your team. You will understand the importance of being strategic with outreach at a balanced volume - holding your team accountable for weekly, monthly and quarterly targets.
- Manage and empower your team to be successful in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Recruit, hire and train new BDRs
- Constantly improve talk tracks, sales cadences and qualification criteria to exceed team target of opportunities each month
- Develop and implement outbound out-of-the-box sales strategies for the team including direct mail, incentives and other campaign ideas
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to drive efficiency and results
- Provide weekly team updates
- Participate in quarterly product and project planning
Success Criteria - Scale outbound sourced demos - Hit quarterly demos booked goals - Help sales hit new business revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of sales / business development experience, preferably in SaaS
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience upholding activity metrics (Cold calling, Prospecting etc.)
- Analytical and data driven
- Experience with prospecting and associated sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, etc.)
- History of exceeding outbound sales targetsPassionate about hiring and growing out a team of top performers
Additional Experience - Experience selling to financial decision makers within mid-market companies - You’ve studied or have some familiarity with finance or accounting