Sales Development Representative
Abacus is the only real-time expense management solution to reimburse your team, reconcile corporate cards, and automate your expense policy. By eliminating the month-end expense report, Abacus turns submitting and approving expenses into a delightful, collaborative experience. With our mobile app, you'll quickly submit and approve expenses on the go and reimbursements now happen within days. Abacus syncs with your accounting software and auto-matches transactions for hassle-free bookkeeping. Come work with us! We're hiring: abacus.com/careers
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
We’re expanding our sales organization and are looking for driven sales development representatives to help us accelerate our growth. You'll be responsible for driving our customer acquisition efforts by generating new leads for our sales team. This role is the foundation of our sales organization and you will have a direct impact on our company revenue targets.
By collaborating with the entire Sales & Marketing organization, you'll research new markets and identify the best potential customers. Your day to day will involve research, targeted outreach, and collaboration with our Account Executives to set up sales meetings.
This position is great for candidates that want to pursue a career in sales at a fast growing B2B SaaS company.
- You will be working collaboratively with our Sales & Marketing team to identify new markets and potential customers.
- Through a mix of targeted outreach methods, you will build relationships with prospects and qualify them for Account Executives.
- You will be both the face of Abacus and a consultative expert to companies.
- We love optimizing things, so you'll constantly be making yourself more efficient.
- Experience with cold calling or cold emailing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical aptitude: You will be speaking to companies that are using a variety of systems and financial platforms. We require that candidates have the aptitude to pick up these concepts and technologies quickly.
- Strong Multi-tasker: You’ll have to balance several priorities throughout the day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We’re looking for SDRs that can operate in a lean structure and constantly improve the process.
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
What would be a nice-to-have?
- You're a people person who is able to build rapport instantly.
- You've got great communication skills and are able to distill fairly complex ideas down into easily digestible tidbits.
- You think big. You can pitch a vision and keep folks engaged.
- You're a bit of a scientist and aren't afraid to experiment with new ideas, tinker with old ones, and constantly refine things until they're perfect.
- You've got an appetite for knowledge and are constantly learning from people.
- You're technologically curious. You keep up to date with the latest trends in the space and they drive you to learn more.