Head of Sales
Abacus is the only real-time expense management solution to reimburse your team, reconcile corporate cards, and automate your expense policy. By eliminating the month-end expense report, Abacus turns submitting and approving expenses into a delightful, collaborative experience. With our mobile app, you'll quickly submit and approve expenses on the go and reimbursements now happen within days. Abacus syncs with your accounting software and auto-matches transactions for hassle-free bookkeeping. Come work with us! We're hiring: abacus.com/careers
At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
We’re expanding our inside sales organization and looking for a driven Head of Sales to help us accelerate our growth.
We’re a lean team where everyone works collaboratively to ensure that we’re building the best product for our customers and there is plenty of room for both learning and growth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a startup minded Head of Sales with background in selling a SaaS platform and managing/building a team of A players to help our sales team scale. You will have three primary roles:
- Hiring a team of capable sales people around you
- Managing and tracking the performance of the team
- Setting the high level sales strategy for the company
- Ultimately, you will help our sales team get the product in front of new clients and help set vision for continued expansion. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group as we rapidly scale to disrupt an industry.
Outcomes You Will Produce:
- Establish all necessary sales material to give our sales team the tools they need to succeed
- Build a high output sales organization and hire A players
- Manage complex negotiations with large corporate partners and close large deals
- Train and develop staff to be effective in all stages of the sales funnel
- Manage the KPIs of the sales team via the CRM and provide transparency to executive team
- Work closely with the product team to align priorities with opportunity
- 5-10 years of SaaS sales experience with significant track record of success
- 3+ years of experience running sales, with at least 2 years at a single company
- Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning teams
- Experience with building traction in a complex market with long standing incumbents
- Bachelor's degree from a top university and a sharp mind for technical details
What Makes A Great Head of Sales?
- Ability to select top talent and coach them into success
- Strong prioritization and instinct for timelines
- Problem solver and structured thinker with the ability to understand complicated technology solution
- Team oriented, self motivated, with a constant desire to learn and grow
- Self starter, hungry, hard working, ambitious, problem solver
- Experience managing and building a team of successful SaaS and/or Cloud sales professionals
- Total comfort demonstrating SaaS/cloud-based software and discussing it with business leaders
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Acute attention to detail, follow through and a history of reliable execution