Sales Director (Mergermarket)
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence. Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely on our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development. Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world. Acuris.com
- Acuris, formerly the Mergermarket Group, is seeking an experienced salesperson to manage the sales and contract renewal process for their Mergermarket product.
- The Mergermarket (M&A and PE) product is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge.
- As a Sales Director based in the New York or DC office, the candidate will be responsible for running their territory as their own business. This includes, but is not limited to: prospecting, sourcing, managing trials and negotiation/renewal of new business contracts. While also growing and developing existing subscribers, establishing relationships with a variety of levels and user profiles within the subscriber base and closing out subscription renewals for Mergermarket in a timely manner.
- The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the world of regulatory and compliance issues.
- Calling on leads from our news, marketing campaigns or those pre-qualified by Sales Development
- Develop and execute new business sales strategy to optimize revenues
- Maintain and grow existing relationships
- Manage territory to reach or exceed monthly personal target and team target
- Create and implement a growth strategy for each subscriber according to needs, business model and opportunities for the Mergermarket products
- Hold online and in-person meetings, demos and sales presentations with prospective and current subscribers.
- Manage the sales process from qualifying and meeting setting to negotiation and closing
- Work alongside relationship management team to ensure client success and retention
- Some travel required, normally ~10-15%
- An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven, and enjoy an environment in which an enthusiastic attitude is a must.
- A background in selling to Law Firms, Government Agencies, Corporations, Investment Banks, Private Equity Firms and Hedge Fund clients
- Previous experience and track record in business development or new business sales and contract renewals/account management
- Organized, pro-active, self-starter who can successfully run territory as their own business
- Financial market knowledge/experience necessary