VP of Sales, US
Addressy helps over 11,000 businesses simplify the process of capturing and verifying customer address data. Our smart technology auto-suggests addresses as a user types, returning accurate deliverable locations that have been verified against a portfolio of international postal and mapping databases including the USPS, Universal Postal Union, and Canada Post.This method of address verification works just like a search engine, and ensures every address is complete and accurate at the point of entry. Get started today for free!Industries We Serve: eCommerce/Retail; Financial Services and Insurance; Hospitality; Telecoms & Utilities.
This is a key hire for Addressy. As we expand our sales activity in the US market, the VP Sales will play a critical role in our success. The role is in place to deliver our “new logo” business target from allocated market sectors across the USA, as well as ensuring our renewal revenue continues to repeat, and to grow, YOY. This position is a mix of field-based sales coaching, development, mentoring and office-based strategy, direction and day-to-day management of US operations.
The successful candidate will be Addressy trusted representative in the US, capable of independent working, challenging the status quo and demonstrating purposeful leadership, gravitas and authority.
- Ensure high performance from each and every team member, motivating and directing direct reports.
- Provide day to day advice, coaching, and management of existing sales team.
- Build sales capacity as required to ensure revenues grow exponentially.
- Devise and implement sales training material for the continued development of sales and commercial skillsets.
- Devise and agree on reward schemes to ensure continued high performance.
- Manage the recruitment process end to end, working with PCA's internal Talent Team.
- Establish and maintain a business network of potential candidates for further team expansion as required.
- Liaise with and agree on referral rates with recruitment firms as required.
Working with the team
- Direct research of prospects within allocated sectors to create a prospect pipeline.
- Manage end to end prospecting process using appropriate sales tools (Linkedin Premium/Sales Navigator, referrals, personal networks, etc).
- Ensure appropriate outbound contact is made (phone/email/social) to move prospect to lead and closure.
- Direct and manage allocation of leads from marketing, events, inbound and SDRs, ensuring appropriate outbound contact (phone/email/social) to move lead to opportunity.
- Manage the team’s prospect pipeline, move leads to opportunities through appropriate contact (phone; email, social, demos, web, etc).
- Be the escalation for deal sign-off - take pricing decisions to ensure opportunities are closed profitably and in a timely way to meet targets.
- Drive opportunities through the pipeline stages to “sold” by using appropriate sales process and plays (phone, email, social, demos, web-ex etc). Handle objections, offer additional/alternative solutions.
- Build and develop customer relationships and maintain communication throughout the sales cycle.
- Gain feedback throughout the sales cycle and share with wider team, marketing, and research as appropriate to ensure continuous improvement in sales and marketing processes.
- Cross-sell additional products from the wider GBG (parent) group.
- Be the ‘face of PCA/Addressy’ in PR/Event/Marketing activity.
- Attend shows/expos to generate new business leads (the UK and international).
- Develop and enhance strategic relationships with Group companies and external partners/key clients.
- Travel as required to meet the demands of a national leadership role.
- Minimum 4 years sales management experience at a software/technology company, ideally SaaS.
- Clear evidence of building successful teams.
- Excellent understanding of managing a team's sales pipeline including pipeline management & time management skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and negotiation/offer skills.
- PLUS: Knowledge and/or experience in the e-commerce/retail space.
- 10 paid holidays per year, as selected by the company, and prorated on date of hire.
- Vacation: Entitled to accrue up to 20 days of paid vacation per calendar year.
- Paid Sick Leave: 40 hours of paid sick leave per year in accordance with the Company’s earned sick leave policy and the requirements of law.
- Health Care Benefit: To defray your expenses associated with health care insurance and other health care costs, the Company will pay you $500 per month, less all applicable taxes and withholdings.
- 401(k) Plan: We will provide access to a 401(k) plan through TriNet. Following a three month employment anniversary, you will be eligible to join the plan and the Company will match any contributions up to 4%.
- Other Benefits: You will be eligible to participate in and to receive benefits under any of the Company’s employee benefit plans, programs or arrangements. Employee benefits are offered at the discretion of the Company and are subject to modification or termination by the Company at any time.