Technical Support Specialist
Aircall is the cloud-based phone system of choice for modern brands. Scaling businesses across industries choose Aircall for its simple set-up, seamless integrations, and proven quality. Aircall allows sales and support teams to have meaningful and efficient phone conversations, and makes their lives easier by integrating with the most popular CRM and Helpdesk tools. Managers can instantly add numbers from 100+ countries, scale their teams, and gain deep insights through analytics. Aircall is trusted by thousands of companies worldwide. Our vision for the future is big, and we're currently looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is one of ambition, teamwork, transparency, and community. We believe that success is a direct result of personal and team effort, and we reward that effort as often as possible. Check out our job listings for open positions in New York and Paris.
We're looking for a technical support representative. This is a level 1 support role that works closely with the sales, customer success and engineering team, as well as your support peers to troubleshoot any technical issues our customers might encounter. To join the Aircall team there are a few things you'll need to do well:
- You love the challenge of solving complex multi-faceted customer issues, usually involving a mix of end user training, network changes, bug tracking and sometimes a touch of magic.
- You are energized by human interaction. Helping people get things working makes your job satisfying.
- You are a documentation wizard, able to take detailed notes both for our Zendesk ticket support platform and so we can provide accurate, usable feedback to engineers and developers.
- You are comfortable in a high energy, close quarters working environment side by side with sales, customer success, executives and marketing.
The job is based in our New York office where we manage all North America activities. Our AE's are in charge of converting leads into raving fans and paying customers. You'll take the initiative to:
- Answer technical support requests via email, chat, and phone
- Help guide customers through the setup and onboarding process
- Collaborate with our engineering team to solve more complex issues
- Identify, document and follow up with engineers on product bugs and feature requests
- Update knowledge base and troubleshooting documentation for internal and customer use
- Act as a liaison between engineering, customer success and sales on technical issues affecting our customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a client-facing technical role for a product business
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to make sense of something complex and explain it in plain English
- Professional, courteous and committed to provide amazing customer support
- Open-minded, positive and keen to learn
- Great attitude, team player
- Keen to mentor and help train junior team members
- LAN and wireless network knowledge
- Knowledge of IP Telephony
- Experience setting QoS and diagnosing related issues
- Experience with call center technology such as IVRs
- Nice-to-have: Experience in a web language