Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Our mission is to enable every developer and product team to build consumer-grade search for their users that is easy to implement, engaging, and high-performing. With Algolia, consumers are able to easily find and discover what they want across web, mobile, and voice. Algolia is the search-as-a-service platform that enables companies of all sizes to deliver fast and relevant digital experiences that drive real results. More than 8,000 companies including Stripe, Discovery, Medium, LVMH, Lacoste, Zendesk and Birchbox rely on Algolia to manage 70 billion search queries a month. Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com. _ We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Strategic Account Executive to join our rapidly growing sales team. This person must be passionate about evangelizing our values to Fortune 500 companies while closing pivotal business prospects. This means we need an inspired and experienced strategic thinker who can use their unique personality, creativity and grit to expand our pipeline with high profile customers. You will understand and communicate how Algolia can be best used for each use case and manage complex deal cycles. The ideal candidate also has the opportunity to help build a future Enterprise Sales team, so we expect a strong go-getter!
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Work closely with our Outbound SDR team to build a pipeline and strategize on how to approach targeted accounts
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with Algolia’s dream customers
- Navigate through complex sales cycles
- Present the value of Algolia to decision makers
- Evangelize the Algolia vision through product demonstrations, field marketing events and account-specific initiatives
- Construct, forecast, manage your sales activity and pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Contribute to building out our Strategic Accounts sales team
- 5+ years experience in B2B software sales
- Successful track record selling software to Fortune 1,000 companies
- Carried and hit quota of >$1.0M in previous positions
- Experience closing six figure deals
- Closed complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- Demonstrated the ability to build stuff from scratch
- Creative, creative, creative!
- International travel
- Keen interest in the tech industry
- Excellent academic qualifications; Bachelor’s Degree preferred