Mid Market Account Executive (San Francisco)
Algolia is the most reliable platform for building search. Our hosted search API supplies the building blocks for creating great search to connect your users with what matters most to them. Our hosted search API powers billions of queries for thousands of websites & mobile applications every month, delivering relevant results in an as-you-type search experience in under 50ms anywhere in the world. Algolia's full-stack solution takes the pain out of building search; we maintain the infrastructure & the engine, and we provide extensive documentations to our dozens of up-to-date API clients and SDKs with all the latest search features, so you can focus on delighting your users.
Founded in 2012, Algolia provides a hosted search API that allows any developer to build a search engine for their app or website, delivering highly relevant results at lightning-fast speed. Algolia has over 3,000 customers in 100 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Paris, New York City & Atlanta. To learn more about Algolia visit www.algolia.com.
As an Algolia Account Executive, you will be responsible for creating strong relationships with our customers and building on these relationships to close deals. You should be comfortable researching prospective customers and adapting sales strategies to meet their needs. You will also play an integral role in defining our sales model. You know the ins and outs of Algolia, understand how we can benefit each prospect and will ultimately be the front line of our revenue growth.
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Manage and grow a sales pipeline
- Communicate transparently both internally and externally
- Turn inbound and outbound leads into happy Algolia users
- Make every Algolia user a satisfied customer, regardless of the deal size
- Collaborate across teams to better focus customer-facing efforts
- Build compelling demonstrations and sales materials
- You love building human relationships and believe that a happy customer is our best evangelist
- Natural understanding of the sales process
- 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Quick thinker, must be able to handle questions on the fly
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment
- Multi-tasker who can adapt to changing situations
- Willingness to speak at events/conferences
- Full professional English proficiency
- International travel
- Always be closing
NICE TO HAVE
- SaaS sales experience
- Coding experience
- Experience at a startup
- Proficiency with Salesforce