Sales Director - East Coast
Our mission is to make every search interaction meaningful & rewarding, through developer-friendly and enterprise-grade APIs. Algolia is the leading Search & Discovery API for websites and mobile apps. We help the most innovative companies across e-commerce, media and SaaS industries create powerful, relevant and scalable discovery experiences for their users. Unlike other solutions, our hosted platform reduces the complexities of building and scaling a fast, relevant digital experience and helps teams accelerate development time. More than 5,000 companies like Under Armour, Twitch, Periscope, Medium and Stripe rely on Algolia to manage 40 billion search queries a month. Founded in 2012, we're backed by $74M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven Capital, Point Nine Capital and Storm Ventures. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com. --- We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive under autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
We are looking for an experienced sales executive to lead our East Coast Region. One of the priorities of the Sales Director is to coach our existing team and grow our East Coast team to expand our footprint within our up market segments, with a focus on Enterprise and Large Accounts.
As a Sales Director you will be responsible for the new revenue coming from the region. This role is a high-impact role which will involve a great combination of commercial, strategic and people management skills. This role requires a strong prospecting mentality, a challenging nature and an excellent knowledge of the different sales processes of an up market sales motion.
We are looking to hire a smart, driven, and experienced leader who is passionate about building sales professionals in a hyper growth environment.
- Define and execute our Go-To-Market strategy for the East Coast region, by collaborating very closely with our Marketing, Partner, Business Development, Solutions Engineer, Customer Success teams, Product and Legal teams
- Track sales targets for the team- prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts
- Suggest and implement process improvements, working closely with Sales Operations
- Research and discover methods to increase our sales metrics, including average deal size, reduce sales cycle, improve conversion rates
- Build an open-communication environment for the team
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features, offerings, pricing
- 5+ years of successfully hiring, coaching and managing up market Account Executives
- 5+ years of experience in a 6 figure ACV environment
- Experience with SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of salesforce (reports, dashboards, forecasting)
- Proven forecasting methodology and accuracy