Business Development Representative
Alice helps working Americans keep more of their paycheck by modernizing pre-tax spending while simultaneously helping employers save on payroll tax. It's win-win.
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team in NYC. More than just a sales operator, you are helping us develop our approach to Mid-Market and Enterprise prospects in the restaurant and staffing verticals. You care about creating new processes in market sizes we have not tapped and are excited about helping us develop a winning sales playbook on our journey as a company. You are a great communicator with a fearless attitude about creating a new path forward.
Our mission lights you up. You get that working at a startup means your work runs beyond the edges of a job title. You like the tension between craft and shipping. Maybe you want your next job to be managing a team in Sales or Customer Success - this role will prepare you for that.
As Alice’s Business Development Representative, you will get to become a key anchor of the Alice team, an expert at articulating the vision for the company and generating interest in our product. Specifically, we’ll rely on you to navigate the day-to-day challenges of wrangling larger prospects to get meetings held for our Account Executives. That includes...
New Client Prospecting - Generating new business opportunities through outbound cold calling, emailing, and prospecting by other means, into a specific targeted database. - Conducting follow-up calls and emails to prospects on specific timeframes, and experimenting over time to see what works best for different kinds of clients. - Coordinating with Account Executives to ensure meetings are set and held as anticipated. - Managing and tracking your pipeline using our CRM tools and tech stack.
Inbound Lead Conversion - Responding to all inbound leads for prospective customers. - Contacting all unconverted leads from Channel partners within a defined cadence for success in engagement/onboarding.
- Care deeply about putting more money in the hands of working Americans.
- Have 1-3 years of sales or prospecting experience.
- Have best-in-class phone and interpersonal skills, i.e. you can talk to anyone on the phone and have them enjoy the conversation.
- Are highly organized and have strong time management skills.
- Like to work quickly while keeping a high bar on the quality of your work product.
- Are excited about learning and growing in a startup environment.
- Have a real passion for learning new things, experimenting, and gaining responsibility over time.