Business Development Executive
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to connect the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge, helping them improve critical decisions, sharpen their thinking and drive business forward. Investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on AlphaSights to connect them efficiently and intelligently with experts across all industries and regions. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the world and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. We continue to add talented team members to the organisation. Find out more at alphasights.com/careers Interested in our engineering team? Learn more here https://engineering.alphasights.com/#open-positions
As a key member of AlphaSights' nascent Corporate business segment, your role is to help bring innovation to the forefront of our client's work by winning business with Fortune 1000 companies. Operating on the frontline, you will design and execute your own sales strategy to help launch the AlphaSights value proposition into new markets. Your audience consists of senior-level corporate decision makers at some of the most impressive companies in North America.
To be successful in the role, you must combine the ability to intelligently and systematically map your prospective client universe and research individual companies using first class communication, negotiation, and storytelling skills. This is a fast-paced, client-facing, and communication-intense role with a clear focus on revenue generation. Your personal success is clearly and directly linked to the success of the corporate business unit within AlphaSights.
This is a position for an emotionally intelligent individual who enjoys connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. Our most successful people embrace a "whatever-it-takes" mantra and relish the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to achieve their goals. We are motivated by our mission
• Career maturity and alignment: Clarity about direction, committed to getting there and aware of how AlphaSights fits with your journey • Commercial drive: Seeking to develop sales and negotiation skills as well as the rewards for commercial success • Innate self-confidence and ability to thrive in a very autonomous, and sometimes uncertain environment • Can-do attitude: Passion for making a tangible impact • Excellent communication skills: Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions Requirements • 3-5 years' work experience, preferably gained in a demanding, high-growth environment (sales experience is not essential) • A deep-seated conviction to embark on a career in business, specifically within the business development realm • Strong academic credentials, and noteworthy extracurricular leadership • Travel ~20% of the time nationwide
This role is right for you if...
- You have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a client-facing role
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You want to work in a fast-growth company because you want to drive change, take risks, and make your mark on the world. You relish the opportunity to take a new service to market and build a business from the ground up.
- You systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations and implicit needs.
- You tailor communication to fit diverse audiences and needs with authority and dexterity. You deliver presentations effectively and drive negotiations comfortably.
- You know how to identify the right client stakeholders and confidently build connections quickly.
- You are driven, self-directed, and enthusiastic. You take ownership of your own business and seize initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- You set clear and realistic objectives. You can lead junior team members, delegate, and provide coaching to meet shared objectives.