Andela is solving the technical talent shortage by building distributed engineering teams with Africa's top software developers. In four years, Andela has hired 1,000 developers and become known as the "Best Place to Work in Africa," with tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Kigali. Andela developers work as full-time engineers with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth startups like Gusto and Cloudflare. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is powering global engineering teams while catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across Africa. For more information, visit www.andela.com.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Account Manager to drive consultative upselling with Andela’s top-performing clients. You will work directly with clients to meet their core business needs through strategic placement of our world-class developers.
With your strong technical experience and in-depth look into our clients’ needs, you will develop practicable solutions that support both our clients’ business growth, as well as our fellows’ professional development.
You are passionate about innovative business models that drive sustainable impact, and you’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for prospecting, sales, and upsell success. While our senior account manager will mentor you, your day-to-day will mostly consist of work with our clients’ lead engineers and product designers, as well as our distributed fellows in Lagos and/or Nairobi.
- Cooperate directly with clients to understand their technical and staffing needs
- Upsell our service to existing clients to grow revenue and placement opportunities
- Explore new ways of serving client needs based on changing technical requirements
- Coordinate internationally with clients and fellows, from SF to Lagos and beyond
- 3-5 years of experience in technical account management, sales, client success roles
- You have a robust data-driven upsell methodology that you continually improve
- You are passionate about pitching Andela’s uniquely challenging value proposition
- Your clients love working with you, and your business thrives because of it
- You’ve successfully grown a book of business for an enterprise sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You have work experience in other tech startups and/or the developing world