Client Executive - San Francisco
Andela is solving the technical talent shortage by building distributed engineering teams with Africa's top software developers. In four years, Andela has hired 1,000 developers and become known as the "Best Place to Work in Africa," with tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Kigali. Andela developers work as full-time engineers with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth startups like Gusto and Cloudflare. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is powering global engineering teams while catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across Africa. For more information, visit www.andela.com.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and experienced Client Executive to find opportunities for our fellows to work with the best software companies, from startup to enterprise level.
Your strong drive to make the world more equitable fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do, while your ingenuity helps you identify the entrepreneurial opportunities others might miss. You’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for success in sales and beyond, and you’re ready to level-up your social impact.
- Develop and close opportunities with some of the most innovative and established tech companies out there
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our fellows
- Explore new ways of packaging our offerings to better serve client needs
- Take a consultative approach to investigating clients’ needs and uncovering new opportunities
- Communicate and coordinate internationally with clients stakeholders, fellows in Africa, and leadership in NYC
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in sales
- You have a robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- You understand both product and service sales and what it means to sell along a protracted sales cycle
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully built a book of business for an enterprise sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You organize your time to hit the biggest milestones
- Experience working with a lead-generating marketing team is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus