Director of Sales, US
Based in San Francisco, Anki is dedicated to bringing artificial intelligence and consumer robotics to our everyday lives. Founded in 2010 by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates, Anki creates consumer entertainment experiences using technology that was once confined to robotics labs and research institutes. Anki was recently named one of the top 50 most innovative companies in the world by Fast Company. Its first product, Anki DRIVE, is now on sale in the United States and UK. Unveiled during Tim Cook's keynote at the 2013 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, Anki DRIVE is an award-winning, first-of-its- kind game that lets players use a mobile app to race, battle and customize real robot cars. Following the massive success of Anki DRIVE, one of the hottest holiday products of 2014, Anki OVERDRIVE takes the groundbreaking battle-race experience in a new direction with state-of-the-art modular tracks, high-end and improved car designs along with big innovations in gameplay. Anki OVERDRIVE is launching in September 2015 in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
ANKI is an exciting Consumer Robotic and AI company with a deep technical prowess that puts us in a unique position to create unprecedented products that astound the world in ways that traditional toy and consumer electronics behemoths cannot. Consequently, we had a tremendous 2016 and 2017 where sales of Cozmo and Anki OVERDRIVE have catapulted the company’s products into the category of top best-selling premium toys ($75+) of the holiday season (October leading up to Christmas), according to The NPD Group.
Due to exciting expansion plans, ANKI is currently seeking an experienced strategic Sales Director to manage key channel partners in the US. This role will be based in San Francisco and will provide strategic leadership to deliver long term growth and achieve annual revenue and profit targets.
- Full responsibility for Revenue and Gross Profit for your business unit.
- Devise and implement strategic business plans to deliver fiscal targets and long term growth.
- Build collaborative and high quality relationships with key channel partners.
- Partner with the Marketing and Channel Marketing Teams and agencies to devise and execute retail marketing plans.
- Accelerate ANKI’S profile in your accounts by driving strategic partnerships with senior level Exec’s from our key partners
- Provide regular, high quality, accurate and timely management information, revenue forecasts, reports and analysis, and ensure clear visibility and open communication with appropriate global stakeholders.
- Be a participative member of the ANKI Sales Leadership team in strategy setting, establish goals, policies and procedures etc…
- Highly successful track record in a startup environment.
- Experienced Sales Director with proven commercial experience (demonstrable achievement of sales targets a must) and current relationships with retailers in the entertainment/video games/toys/consumer electronics verticals preferred.
- Proven experience of managing the introduction of new and innovative products to retail channels.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into accurate forecasts and actionable insights.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills. -Self-starter but with experience in leading, managing and motivating successful sales teams.
- CE background
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, the ability to engage at different levels of the business.
- Current clean driving record.