Business Development Representative (BDR)
Appboy empowers mobile marketers to build better relationships with their customers. We’re a team of 140+ based in New York. We built the world’s best lifecycle engagement platform so marketers can connect human-to-human, at scale, with their customers, driving deep engagement and ROI. The center of our platform is the holistic user profile that offers a single view of the customer. Our robust audience segmentation and advanced multi-channel messaging allow brands to use the data from those user profiles to create and automate highly personalized marketing campaigns, and build meaningful dialogues with their audiences across devices and channels at scale. Thousands of global marketers use Appboy to power over a billion user profiles worldwide. We help brands like Dominos, Etsy, iHeartMedia, PicsArt, Soundcloud, and Urban Outfitters to better engage, retain, and monetize their customers. Appboy is venture funded. Learn more at Appboy.com.
This is a great point-of-entry into SMB and Enterprise Sales with a bleeding-edge tech startup in Mobile Analytics and Marketing Automation SaaS. We are creating a team of top Business Development Representatives (BDRs) who are looking for a place to grow a career into Enterprise Sales.
Through outbound emailing/calling and collaboration with Lead Gen Ops, Marketing, and Enterprise Sales Executives, you will seek out and qualify leads at major corporations. You will also nurture contacts within our target markets that aren't currently engaged with Appboy. Other responsibilities include:
- Segmenting the market, profile accounts, identify solutions based on identified criteria
- Documenting all communications and update account information into Sales CRM
- Present an effective Corporate message about Appboy and a product overview
- Experience delivering on commitments. Numbers-driven, regularly exceeding quota and earning commissions and SPIFs.
- A competitive personality that likes to be atop a leaderboard, but also collaborative and willing to help others around them get better
- 1-3 years of Business Development/Sales experience, including a background in SaaS, Technology, or Marketing. Ideally, some basic Sales, Lead Generation, and/or Pre-qualification experience, and a strong interest in a Sales career path.
- A "never give up" attitude with the patience to nurture leads and get to "Yes!"
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Yesware, Salesloft, etc., Internet research, and can quickly come up to speed with new sales tools
- Diligence in tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Experience in Mobile is a plus
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $75,000
- FREE lunch Monday-Friday
- Casual dress all-day, every day
- Work in a professionally-designed state-of-the-art office
- Regular company events, Happy Hours, and parties
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health and Dental
Apply now to join one of Internet Week's Best Places to Work NYC Tech!