Business Development Representative (BDR)
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI. Their teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
This is a great point-of-entry into SMB and Enterprise Sales with a bleeding-edge tech startup in Mobile Analytics and Marketing Automation SaaS. We are creating a team of top Business Development Representatives (BDRs) who are looking for a place to grow a career into Enterprise Sales.
Through outbound emailing/calling and collaboration with Lead Gen Ops, Marketing, and Enterprise Sales Executives, you will seek out and qualify leads at major corporations. You will also nurture contacts within our target markets that aren't currently engaged with Appboy. Other responsibilities include:
- Segmenting the market, profile accounts, identify solutions based on identified criteria
- Documenting all communications and update account information into Sales CRM
- Present an effective Corporate message about Appboy and a product overview
- Experience delivering on commitments. Numbers-driven, regularly exceeding quota and earning commissions and SPIFs.
- A competitive personality that likes to be atop a leaderboard, but also collaborative and willing to help others around them get better
- 1-3 years of Business Development/Sales experience, including a background in SaaS, Technology, or Marketing. Ideally, some basic Sales, Lead Generation, and/or Pre-qualification experience, and a strong interest in a Sales career path.
- A "never give up" attitude with the patience to nurture leads and get to "Yes!"
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Yesware, Salesloft, etc., Internet research, and can quickly come up to speed with new sales tools
- Diligence in tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Experience in Mobile is a plus
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $75,000
- FREE lunch Monday-Friday
- Casual dress all-day, every day
- Work in a professionally-designed state-of-the-art office
- Regular company events, Happy Hours, and parties
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health and Dental
Apply now to join one of Internet Week's Best Places to Work NYC Tech!