Business Development Representative (BDR)
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
This is a great point-of-entry into SMB and Enterprise Sales with a bleeding-edge tech startup in Mobile Analytics and Marketing Automation SaaS. We are creating a team of top Business Development Representatives (BDRs) who are looking for a place to grow a career into Enterprise Sales.
Through outbound emailing/calling and collaboration with Lead Gen Ops, Marketing, and Enterprise Sales Executives, you will seek out and qualify leads at major corporations. You will also nurture contacts within our target markets that aren't currently engaged with Appboy. Other responsibilities include:
- Segmenting the market, profile accounts, identify solutions based on identified criteria
- Documenting all communications and update account information into Sales CRM
- Present an effective Corporate message about Appboy and a product overview
- Experience delivering on commitments. Numbers-driven, regularly exceeding quota and earning commissions and SPIFs.
- A competitive personality that likes to be atop a leaderboard, but also collaborative and willing to help others around them get better
- 1-3 years of Business Development/Sales experience, including a background in SaaS, Technology, or Marketing. Ideally, some basic Sales, Lead Generation, and/or Pre-qualification experience, and a strong interest in a Sales career path.
- A "never give up" attitude with the patience to nurture leads and get to "Yes!"
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Yesware, Salesloft, etc., Internet research, and can quickly come up to speed with new sales tools
- Diligence in tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Experience in Mobile is a plus
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $75,000