Business Development Representative (BDR)
Braze is a comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers relevant and memorable experiences between consumers and the brands they love. Context underpins every Braze interaction, helping brands foster human connection with consumers through interactive conversations across channels that deliver value quickly and continuously. The company was named a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms and was recognized as one of Inc Magazine's 2019 Best Workplaces. Braze is headquartered in New York with offices in Chicago, London, San Francisco, and Singapore. Learn more at braze.com.
This is a great point-of-entry into SMB and Enterprise Sales with a bleeding-edge tech startup in Mobile Analytics and Marketing Automation SaaS. We are creating a team of top Business Development Representatives (BDRs) who are looking for a place to grow a career into Enterprise Sales.
Through outbound emailing/calling and collaboration with Lead Gen Ops, Marketing, and Enterprise Sales Executives, you will seek out and qualify leads at major corporations. You will also nurture contacts within our target markets that aren't currently engaged with Appboy. Other responsibilities include:
- Segmenting the market, profile accounts, identify solutions based on identified criteria
- Documenting all communications and update account information into Sales CRM
- Present an effective Corporate message about Appboy and a product overview
- Experience delivering on commitments. Numbers-driven, regularly exceeding quota and earning commissions and SPIFs.
- A competitive personality that likes to be atop a leaderboard, but also collaborative and willing to help others around them get better
- 1-3 years of Business Development/Sales experience, including a background in SaaS, Technology, or Marketing. Ideally, some basic Sales, Lead Generation, and/or Pre-qualification experience, and a strong interest in a Sales career path.
- A "never give up" attitude with the patience to nurture leads and get to "Yes!"
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Yesware, Salesloft, etc., Internet research, and can quickly come up to speed with new sales tools
- Diligence in tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Experience in Mobile is a plus
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $75,000