Director of Business Development
Braze is a comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers relevant and memorable experiences between consumers and the brands they love. Context underpins every Braze interaction, helping brands foster human connection with consumers through interactive conversations across channels that deliver value quickly and continuously. The company was named a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms and was recognized as one of Inc Magazine's 2019 Best Workplaces. Braze is headquartered in New York with offices in Chicago, London, San Francisco, and Singapore. Learn more at braze.com.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for managing a team of ten or more BDRs that support our global Mid-Market and Enterprise Account Executive team, ensuring a high volume of prospecting activities, overseeing the growth development of early stage opportunities, and ensuring the BDR team is aligned with quarterly and annual sales expectations. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years experience leading a sales or sales development team selling SaaS Solutions to enterprise clients.
- Strategize with Account Executives and sales leadership on compensation design and pipeline targets
- Work closely and collaborate with our Marketing team across our entire sales cycle and buying process
- Provide support and training including creation of sales playbooks and processes to be used universally by the global BDR team
- Develop and manage operational dashboards to track team progress and KPIs
- Work on strategic projects including competitive and market research, as well as options for vertical or regional specialization within the team
- Expertise in in-bound and outbound prospecting, and lead qualification techniques specifically for SaaS products
- Experience tracking sales metrics including activity data across multiple channels, and holding representatives accountable for hitting or exceeding targets
- Experience in collaborating with Marketing/Sales Enablement team including input into the lead generation process
- Proven record of hiring top-level talent and ramping up sales development or lead generation representatives, including implementing innovative training programs
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM, used to manage sales pipeline, required. Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on new cloud apps and tools
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus