Director of Business Development
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience. Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for managing a team of ten or more BDRs that support our global Mid-Market and Enterprise Account Executive team, ensuring a high volume of prospecting activities, overseeing the growth development of early stage opportunities, and ensuring the BDR team is aligned with quarterly and annual sales expectations. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years experience leading a sales or sales development team selling SaaS Solutions to enterprise clients.
- Strategize with Account Executives and sales leadership on compensation design and pipeline targets
- Work closely and collaborate with our Marketing team across our entire sales cycle and buying process
- Provide support and training including creation of sales playbooks and processes to be used universally by the global BDR team
- Develop and manage operational dashboards to track team progress and KPIs
- Work on strategic projects including competitive and market research, as well as options for vertical or regional specialization within the team
- Expertise in in-bound and outbound prospecting, and lead qualification techniques specifically for SaaS products
- Experience tracking sales metrics including activity data across multiple channels, and holding representatives accountable for hitting or exceeding targets
- Experience in collaborating with Marketing/Sales Enablement team including input into the lead generation process
- Proven record of hiring top-level talent and ramping up sales development or lead generation representatives, including implementing innovative training programs
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM, used to manage sales pipeline, required. Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on new cloud apps and tools
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus