Business Development Associate
Founded in 2011 by the team behind ICQ, Dotomi and Jajah—and backed by Peter Thiel, (via Founders Fund), Eric Schmidt (via Innovation endeavors) and Jerry Yang, AppCard disrupts traditional retail sales with its global platform for data-driven marketing. We analyze, target, and engage your customers to increase their lifetime value.The AppCard Dashboard offers brick and mortar businesses greater insight into the health of their business than ever before. AppCard’s patented technology captures 100% of item-level transaction data, in real time, and works with any POS system. AppCard delivers actionable insight to business owners via the AppCard Dashboard, where users have access to over 100 reports detailing transactions and product sales across locations. By adding an AppCard Rewards Program, business owners are able to also capture customer identities and associate them with item-level transaction data. Combining customer identities with real-time transaction data allows business owners to truly know their customers, and to provide a personalized, customer-centric experience. AppCard’s data-driven marketing campaigns automatically deliver the right message, to the right customer, at the right time, via SMS, email, or in-app push notifications.
Key partnerships are a crucial part of AppCard's growth plans to disrupt the loyalty space. We are in search for a sharp Business Development professional with a keen eye for acquisition and expansion. This person will be a crucial asset to the team, scaling business partnerships and growth plans for AppCard. If it intrigues you to join a fast-paced startup, then AppCard is the place for you!
- Directly work with the VP of Business Development to set strategy on how to grow the business through key partnerships.
- Develop an effective framework for evaluating the impact of potential/new partnerships- from identification to close.
- End to end knowledge of the AppCard platform, sales process and all other related products/solutions.
- Collaborate with sales and technology teams in order to maintain continuous knowledge of project status.
- MBA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience at a tech startup preferred.
- Strong client service skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking with excellent communication skills.
- Results oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Persistence and close attention to detail with an ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Team player, dedication and willingness to work long hours.
- Experience in working/selling to brick and mortar retailers, preferred.
- Experience in leading and managing channel partners, preferred.