Benchling makes life science research faster and more collaborative.Biotechnology has the potential to solve humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as disease, renewable energy, clean water, and hunger. The brightest minds are working on these problems but they are equipped with archaic tools. We aspire to fix this and increase the rate of scientific output with a web-based platform that allows researchers to design and run experiments, analyze data, and share results.Thousands of scientists all around the world use Benchling to do research. Whether they are at the world’s largest companies, the top research universities, or working on a startup in a garage, scientists use Benchling for the same reason: to be empowered, not encumbered, by their tools.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. From developing innovative cancer treatments to engineering microbes that produce sustainable biofuels, our users rely on Benchling to plan, carry out, and document their research in a collaborative environment.
Historically, scientists have tried to do the same things with scattered software, manual data entry, and lots of paper. As research has grown more complex, the shortfalls of those approaches have grown more apparent and more cumbersome. But in a field where innovation is the bottom line, no one should have to settle for the status quo.
Benchling's integrated lab notebook, molecular biology suite, and study management tools unify and streamline experimental design, data analysis, and results gathering. As a result, scientists can spend less time on busy work and more time on science, so we can address the problems we face sooner.
Benchling is building a team of world-class account executives to drive commercialization of our product. You will be selling a product that fundamentally changes how research is done. Core responsibilities of this role include all aspects of the sales effort, from lead prospecting to relationship development to driving accounts to close. Beyond direct customer facing responsibilities, you will also be involved with helping build a repeatable on-boarding and training process and developing and improving sales collateral.
- Active lead prospecting and demand generation across multiple segments of customers.
- Drive customers through close by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
- Lead prioritization and appropriate prioritization of sales efforts through the sales funnel.
- Proactively build and improve on the sales collateral, processes, and training of the sales organization.
- Strongly passionate about the acceleration of life sciences research and the problems that Benchling is trying to solve.
- 3+ years life science software sales closing experience, with experience selling SaaS solutions
- LIMS, ELN experience required
- Annual quota of at least $1 million Demonstrable history of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets. Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful with very limited initial infrastructure. Curiosity, creativity, and persistence. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner. Strong communication skills and the versatility to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads and executives in industry.