Customer Success Specialist
At Better, we make getting a mortgage fast, simple, and totally better. From our offices in NYC, we're revolutionizing a $13 trillion industry. Americans pay more for housing than for almost all else combined – 33% of personal consumption expenditure. Yet somehow the mortgage process still takes nearly 50 days, costs over $5,000 in administrative fees, and requires more than 225 pages of paper and endless phone calls with commissioned loan brokers. We think this is insane – so we’re fixing it. Our team combines leading technologists from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re using data science, machine learning, and UX design to make the mortgage experience what it should be – an enjoyable and exciting part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives. We're always hiring top talent – help make financing a home better for all Americans! NMLS #330511
Our loan consultant team continually questions, innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s mortgage expe
rience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life. You will be the first point of contact for potential borrowers, learning about their financing needs and educating them on how Better can be part of their home buying journey. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
This position will require sophisticated interaction with both the software that we’re building and the clients we’re serving.
- Act as the primary driver of personal engagement with prospective borrowers that have completed a 3-minute, digital pre-approval application
- Reach out to prospective borrowers via phone, email and text to gain an understanding of their needs and educate them on Better’s value proposition
- Prospect and identify potential borrowers to contact
- Contribute to the design and delivery of messaging and re-targeting campaigns
- Work with Loan Consultants to convert qualified leads to customers
- Represent the borrower’s voice in collaborative improvement efforts with ops, tech, product, and marketing
- Guide prospective home shoppers through the home buying process and help them finance their dream home.
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The desire to perform