Director of Sales - Gaming
Braavo is a technology company changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Using data, integrations, and automation, Braavo delivers performance-based funding for mobile app businesses on demand, without dilution or personal guarantees. From bootstrapped health & fitness apps to equity-backed mobile games, founders rely on Braavo for insights to scale predictably and capital to drive exceptional outcomes. Founded in 2015, Braavo is headquartered in New York City. The company has raised nearly $80MM in debt and equity from investors including e.ventures, SWS Venture Capital, SV Angel, BoxGroup, Mark 2 Capital and a number of successful angels and entrepreneurs from the fintech and mobile community.
It's not a secret that mobile games account for at least 50% of all mobile ecosystem revenue. And while the Braavo platform is category-agnostic (we love all mobile apps!), we won't pretend that all categories should be treated equally. That's why we're hiring a mobile gaming expert to lead our sales efforts in this massively valuable vertical. We need someone who "speaks" gaming: not simply gaming finance, but the strategy of growth - ranging from infrastructure decisions like live ops to product features & metrics like leaderboards and day 30 retention rates.
In this role, you’ll be working directly with the co-founders to drive strategy, increase our reach, drive our brand awareness and generate new customer growth in the mobile gaming category. In other words, you'll be collecting your coins as a closer, but you'll also be a key driver of marketing and product strategy as we build out our rapidly growing team.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to shape the way we grow and requires someone who is entrepreneurial and 100% focused on results.
About you: - You’re a mobile gaming industry veteran. You walk in the door with relationships in the gaming space, both on the customer and partner sides of the business. You understand the pain points of building successful mobile game, from the earliest stages of traction to massive scale. - You’re a hunter & a closer. You’ve proven it at each step of your career and will continue to do so, regardless of how large we become. - You’re accountable. You hold yourself to the highest standards and expect the same of your peers, your team and your leaders. - You’re a challenger. We’re not just selling financial products and services - we’re changing mindsets and fighting paradigms along the way. Closing enterprise deals requires a salesperson to have the empathy + credibility to sit across the table from founders and industry experts a command respect as a peer and equal. It's not for the faint of heart.
- Grow our gaming portfolio. You’ll be a player-coach, juggling the responsibilities of closing strategic and enterprise accounts while simultaneously managing & supporting the sales team to reach and exceed its goals.
- Leverage your relationships with leading brands in the gaming ecosystem. Direct sales isn't always going to work, so you'll need to have a network of colleagues and peers who can provide referrals to prospects that you otherwise wouldn't be able to reach.
- Deep domain expertise in the mobile gaming world, including selling to mobile gaming businesses and working with other service providers. You likely have worked at a mobile analytics company, mobile ad network or UA agency.
- 5+ years of experience of related sales and business development experience leading successful teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of modern sales processes and high velocity sales.
- Proven selling and closing skills with evidence of developing new accounts.
- Engagement with C-level executives in both partners and customers alike.