Merchant Success Manager
Bread is transforming retail by building powerful financing tools that help retailers increase sales. Bread gives retailers the ability to let their customers pay over time for the things they need, on their terms. Bread’s growing team includes finance and technology professionals from American Express, Chase, Citibank, Discover, and Google. Bread is backed by some of the nation’s leading investors, led by Bessemer Venture Partners.
Bread increases e-commerce sales by providing a best-in-class digital workflow for consumer purchase financing. Our technology, coupled with intelligent, responsive customer service, is what makes merchants choose to partner with Bread. A holistic onboarding and high-value ongoing service offering makes our merchants - and our company - successful.
As Customer Success Manager at our high-growth startup, you will be responsible for tending to the day-to-day needs of our merchant partners, and for building out and executing merchant trainings and business reviews. You will own the overall tone of your merchant relationships, and will be responsible for assigning accurate views of the health of your customers and forecasting retention and expansion opportunities within your book of business. You will work with C-levels on the merchant side to design and implement digital marketing strategies to help merchants make the most of the Bread tool in accordance with the merchant’s goals.
- Own merchant relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership, constantly keeping your eyes open for expansion/growth opportunities
- Train merchants on how to use the Bread tool and how to market the financing product - ultimately to ensure compliance and drive relevant product adoption to generate high retention rates
- Help merchants create and deploy effective marketing initiatives around financing in a data-driven way (i.e., your suggestions are based on known successful tactics)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure that merchant wins, losses, and suggestions get fed back to the internal Bread team
- Demonstrate thought-leadership in digital marketing - you should be able to speak authoritatively about the space and broad themes that you know work
- Marketing software/SaaS experience - this is a must
- 5+ years of customer facing work experience
- Exemplary written and verbal (face to face and phone/screenshare) communication skills
- Track record of delivering high-quality outputs consistently under pressure. You thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- BA / BS degree from an accredited university
- The ability to travel - expect that somewhere around 30% of your time will be traveling domestically
- Great with Excel and data analysis - you have performed business analyses with e-commerce data, and have presented your results as a catalyst for business change/strategic-level decisions
- Passionate about working with clients to help drive meaningful business results
- Obsessed with problem solving, and challenges don’t scare you - you appreciate being stretched to think creatively and execute in new areas
- Always prepared - maybe you’re that friend who always seems to have a snack when someone’s hungry, or the only person on an international flight with a pen for Customs paperwork (and perhaps you kindly lend your ink to the 5 closest people to you)
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and flawless work ethic - you're highly motivated, do not need micro-management to set and achieve relevant, aggressive goals, and enjoy fast-changing environments
- Able to advocate on behalf of clients - you can work across departments such as Product, Sales, and Engineering to drive appropriate change to help clients get the most of a tool
- Someone who handles adversity with poise and polish - you are able to turn a situation around to make a client feel heard and well-positioned for success
- Someone who enjoys engaging a wide audience, making everyone feel heard and understood
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people