Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant brand and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised $70 million from Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our early-stage startup sales team in New York City. This is an opportunity for a highly intelligent, driven and energetic individual to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our organization continues to excel and move forward.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to create and train sales qualification process.
- Hire high-performing salespeople according to company values and methodology.
- Train new outside salespeople to ensure success.
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver reviews.
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives.
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and leadership.
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Implement performance plans according to company procedure.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Meet pre-determined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports.
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications.
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree; business, economics and marketing majors preferred.
- Three to five years in a sales representative role; within industry preferred.
- 1-2 years or more of prior outside sales management experience
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting – you know Excel
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Passion for Capsule mission and product