Business Development Representative
Known for its vast network of 11,400 elevator and lobby displays located in 1,600 premier office buildings across North America, Captivate connects advertisers with more than 12.9 million unique monthly viewers through creative, research-driven and Nielsen-measured advertising and marketing programs. By engaging its viewers with timely news and actionable information, Captivate provides advertisers with a highly desirable and difficult-to-reach audience of affluent and influential business professionals. Founded in 1997, Captivate is owned by Generation Partners and Gannett. For more information, please visit www.captivate.com. For career opportunities please visit www.captivate.com/careers.
- Lead Generation: Generate new business using direct outreach using a cross section of phone and email. Qualify potentials to ensure there are viable new business opportunities within target market. Be resourceful in using multiple approaches to penetrate prospective accounts. Develop new qualified leads through to the opportunity stage.
- Pipeline management: Ensure prospective clients and existing opportunities continue to move through the pipeline by updating account activities, prioritization of upcoming deals, and assisting the team in account projections
- CRM ownership. Maintain and update CRM (client relationship management) tool as needed to set up new accounts, maintain prospect lists, and be accountable for account progression
- Generate new qualified opportunities for Captivate Ad Sales department
- Manage your own pipeline of target accounts
- Customize lead generation campaigns based on researching prospects to determine best suited positioning
- Analyze campaign effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Share success stories and challenges with the BDR team to create faster learning for everyone
- Continue to refine and hone your prospecting skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Entrepreneurial discipline to take initiative, be creative, and have excellent follow through
- Can maintain high activity volumes, and be accountable to goals and quotas
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well versed in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior communication skills and a go-getter personality
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances
- Natural curiosity to interface with others and ask questions
- Not easily intimidated and can confidently interact with all levels of an organization
- Thrive in fast-paced and high-energy environments and can think on their feet to rapidly understand and solve problems
Bonus Points for candidates who have...
- Worked in a customer facing position
- Worked in a startup
- Started your own business or non-profit
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic company with a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, Captivate is for you!