Director of Sales & Marketing Analytics & Planning
Carbon Black (NASDAQ: CBLK) is a leader in endpoint security dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. The company’s big data and analytics platform, the CB Predictive Security Cloud (PSC), consolidates endpoint security and IT operations into an extensible cloud platform that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations. By analyzing billions of security events per day across the globe, Carbon Black has key insights into attackers’ behavior patterns, enabling customers to detect, respond to and stop emerging attacks. More than 5,000 global customers, including 34 of the Fortune 100, trust Carbon Black to protect their organizations from cyberattacks. The company’s partner ecosystem features more than 500 MSSPs, VARs, distributors and technology integrations, as well as many of the world’s leading IR firms, who use Carbon Black’s technology in more than 500 breach investigations per year. Carbon Black and CB Predictive Security Cloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of Carbon Black, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Reporting to the SVP Revenue Excellence & Operations, your role will be to lead our Analytics & planning across Sales & Marketing. Interfacing into the executive team, leading a team of skilled and experienced analysts, you will lead our Sales & Marketing planning process, provide critical insights and analytics to drive performance and accelerate revenue, manage our Sales & Marketing reporting cadence, and drive forward our analytics environment. This is a critical member of our leadership team and offers the opportunity to have significant strategic impact upon the performance of Carbon Black.
- Team – develop, manage and lead a high quality team of commercial analysts to support analytics, reporting and insight to business leaders across the Revenue organization.
- GTM (Go to Market) Planning – Define and manage our annual GTM Planning process to ensure alignment across the commercial organization on sales, service, product and marketing strategies.
- Partner – partner with Marketing, Product, Finance and Revenue leaders to deliver effective analytics, share insights and influence alignment on critical efforts to improve performance.
- Analytics – lead a systematic process to provide insightful vision, analytics, and reporting to support goal achievement, revenue acceleration, and drive achievement to strategies.
- Analytic tools – leverage latest technologies to scale value from reporting and analytics, ensure consistent and meaningful reporting appropriately accessible for various audiences.
- Cadence – manage the reporting and analytics cadence across the Revenue organization; ensure reporting is insightful and actionable.
- 10+ years of proven experience in analytics roles from Sales, Equity, Consulting, Finance roles.
- Expert in business analytics, sales strategy and planning for Enterprise Software firms; strong pedigree and success in high growth mid market, strong branded firms.
- Expert in defining business KPIs, Balanced Scorecards, business modelling, visualization of data to leverage broad data sets to generate critical business insights aligned to achieving commercial goals.
- Excellent track record in commercial analytics leveraging platforms such as Clari, Qlick, Salesforce, including data modelling and visualization.
- Expert in solving complex commercial problems through data and analytics, providing insights that are logical, data driven and simple to understand aligned to business goals.
- Excellent team and operational leadership skills, with excellent interpersonal, collaboration, partnering skills and attention to detail.
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Economics, Finance or analytics related subjects.