Corporate Sales Engineer, Japan
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black serves more than 3,700 customers globally, including 33 of the Fortune 100. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has a strong heritage of innovative technology leadership in multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV). Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform - the Cb Predictive Security Cloud - Carbon Black solutions enable customers to defend against the most advanced cyber threats, including malware, ransomware, and non-malware attacks. Deployed via the cloud, on premise, or as a managed service, customers use Carbon Black solutions to lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and replace legacy antivirus.
As part of a highly collaborative and motivated sales pursuit team, the Sales Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of Carbon Black solutions. A majority of time will be spent delivering product demonstrations to remote prospective clients. Success will be dependent on your ability to demonstrate how Carbon Black solutions provide direct value to their business and technical requirements. Effectively navigating a variety of customer questions and requirements with excellent listening and communication skills will set the stage for uncapped success here at Carbon Black.
- Evangelize and demonstrate Carbon Black products to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Involvement in prospect evaluation process.
- Key contributor to and follower of our proven sales methodology
- Build and maintain prospect and partner relationships
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to service delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Sales Engineering activities
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of overall health of prospects (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Model Carbon Black core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
- Technical degree from four year college (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with technical experience gained through recent Security related employment, classwork, or internships
- Established Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to gracefully handle objections in the moment.
- Ability to effectively and quickly assess client/prospect needs
- Commitment to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables.
Desired Technical Awareness/Knowledge:
- Experience with endpoint and server security
- Windows 2000, XP,7, 8, 2003/2008/2012 application server and supporting technologies/products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- ValidatedProven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practice
- Security Sales aptitude
- Industry certifications such as Security+ Network+CISSP, CISA, CEH, or MCSE a plus
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools
- Strong Competency in Security Process/Workflow (e.g. Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit