Director of Field Sales - East
Meet CarGurus—now the #1 largest car shopping site in the US by unique monthly visitors. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers and sellers. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus uses proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics to simplify the process of car shopping and selling. As we work to deliver the best products and services for our consumers and sellers, we are guided by these core values: We are pioneering. We are transparent. We are data-driven. We move quickly. We are collaborative. We have integrity. In addition to the United States, CarGurus operates online marketplaces in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; and London, England. Interested in becoming a Guru? View current Jobs and learn about Life at CarGurus.
- Create a culture of sales success and lead by example.
- Hire, develop, and manage a sales team that may be across geographic locations
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Work closely across departments (such as Product, Marketing, and Sales Operations) to ensure optimal delivery to our customers
- Leverage strong communication skills
- Support contract negotiations
- Attend events as appropriate
- 35% travel, domestic
- Innovative and results-oriented sales leader with 5-8 years of sales - - ---experience as an individual contributor and 2+ years in sales leadership/management.
- Automotive and/or software sales experience is a plus;
- A track record of success in hiring and building elite sales team
- Proven experience developing teams that consistently hit targets in a high-growth environment;
- Customer focus and an excellent knowledge of tried sales processes and solution-selling strategies - driven by analytical and metrics through all stages of the sales cycle;
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the executive level
- A highly motivated, competitive and passionate team-player mentality, driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline guidance;
- Exceptional communication and consultative skills to employ solutions-based selling;
- Polished communications with strong presentation skills; and
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field.
- Consultative sales skills with exceptional closing experience CRM (Salesforce.com) experience Strong business acumen