Regional Sales Director – New Orleans
Meet CarGurus—now the #1 largest car shopping site in the US by unique monthly visitors. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers and sellers. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus uses proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics to simplify the process of car shopping and selling. As we work to deliver the best products and services for our consumers and sellers, we are guided by these core values: We are pioneering. We are transparent. We are data-driven. We move quickly. We are collaborative. We have integrity. In addition to the United States, CarGurus operates online marketplaces in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; and Dublin, Ireland. Interested in becoming a Guru? View current Jobs and learn about Life at CarGurus.
Our Regional Sales Director will seek to build relationships in the assigned geographical market with dealer decisions makers and automotive dealership groups. The Director's primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in a designated territory, consult with that territory’s automotive retailers, reviewing on-line business practices, and consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff.
- Develop, preserve, and grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, sales calls, and relationship development and management
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Automotive experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Collaborative background working with various internal teammates to execute go-to-market strategy effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce Experience a plus