Regional Sales Director – New Orleans
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Interested in becoming a Guru? View current Jobs and learn about Life at CarGurus.
Our Regional Sales Director will seek to build relationships in the assigned geographical market with dealer decisions makers and automotive dealership groups. The Director's primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in a designated territory, consult with that territory’s automotive retailers, reviewing on-line business practices, and consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff.
- Develop, preserve, and grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, sales calls, and relationship development and management
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Automotive experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Collaborative background working with various internal teammates to execute go-to-market strategy effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce Experience a plus