Senior Strategic Partnerships Director
CATCHAFIRE is a community of individuals seeking to support and strengthen the social good sector by matching professionals who want to donate their time and talent to nonprofits who need those skills. As a for-purpose social enterprise and Public-Benefit Corporation, Catchafire is committed to providing transformational volunteer experiences that will help create an empathetic, inclusive, and loving world where people use their talents in service of our shared humanity. We are creating a new type of business model– one that demonstrates that you can focus on a social mission and build a successful business at the same time. Our goal is to transform the social good ecosystem by enabling organizations to save time, money, and resources and connect with talented and passionate individuals who have the potential to become long term advocates. We facilitate high impact engagements connecting a vast network of professional volunteers to nonprofits and social enterprises who join our service through a financial commitment funded by a grantmaker or through their existing funds. These engagements result in not only critical work completed, but often also provide an opportunity to develop new and existing skills and ultimately, strengthen an organization’s ability to deliver on its mission long-term. Through our work, we hope to create a more collaborative and equitable environment where all organizations have access to high quality talent and where skilled professionals have a deeper understanding of the people and work of the social good sector. Ultimately, all of our work serves our mission: creating a world where it is commonplace to serve for the greater good. Give what you're good at today by registering on catchafire.org
Catchafire’s Strategic Partnerships team is the key revenue driver of the company and is intended to accelerate the adoption of Catchafire by companies, grantmaking foundations, philanthropic institutions, and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits.
We also generate opportunities via thought leadership and key relationships. The essence of your role will be to forge new business partnerships and shepherd our high quality leads all the way to close. This includes developing sophisticated and effective proposals, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and selling Catchafire through complex organizations.
Your success in this role will require you to operate effectively as a stellar enterprise sales person and an extraordinary problem solver, project manager, and team player.
- Lead our most innovative deals with high-profile clients from start to finish:
- Shepherd qualified leads to close by selling strategically through a complex organization.
- Develop the arc of the sale and seamlessly lead client stakeholders along the way.
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, and presentations to drive forward the sale.
- Negotiate terms and close.
- Manage and develop junior members of the partnerships team.
- Instill a culture of learning and innovation throughout the sales team.
- Work with the Product, Tech, and Accounts Teams to continually improve the design of our solution to meet Catchafire’s strategic objectives and best serve our long-term mission.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Accounts Team to set up the new client for success; work with the Enterprise Accounts Team to strategically position the account for renewal.
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, or facilitator to improve build on our thought leadership.
- As a Senior Director you have 8+ years of relevant experience and 5+ years of closing large deals or building client relationships.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, philanthropic institution, or social enterprise, preferably with experience in Development or Major Gifts
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills.