Senior Strategic Partnerships Director
Catchafire is the leading skills-based volunteering platform connecting high impact organizations in need with talented professionals eager to give back their skills. Through Catchafire’s technology, pre-scoped project opportunities, and ongoing customer support, we provide meaningful, transformational volunteer experiences for every volunteer and organization in the community. Give what you're good at today by registering on catchafire.org
Catchafire’s Strategic Partnerships team is the key revenue driver of the company and is intended to accelerate the adoption of Catchafire by companies, grantmaking foundations, philanthropic institutions, and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits.
We also generate opportunities via thought leadership and key relationships. The essence of your role will be to forge new business partnerships and shepherd our high quality leads all the way to close. This includes developing sophisticated and effective proposals, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and selling Catchafire through complex organizations.
Your success in this role will require you to operate effectively as a stellar enterprise sales person and an extraordinary problem solver, project manager, and team player.
- Lead our most innovative deals with high-profile clients from start to finish:
- Shepherd qualified leads to close by selling strategically through a complex organization.
- Develop the arc of the sale and seamlessly lead client stakeholders along the way.
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, and presentations to drive forward the sale.
- Negotiate terms and close.
- Manage and develop junior members of the partnerships team.
- Instill a culture of learning and innovation throughout the sales team.
- Work with the Product, Tech, and Accounts Teams to continually improve the design of our solution to meet Catchafire’s strategic objectives and best serve our long-term mission.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Accounts Team to set up the new client for success; work with the Enterprise Accounts Team to strategically position the account for renewal.
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, or facilitator to improve build on our thought leadership.
- As a Senior Director you have 8+ years of relevant experience and 5+ years of closing large deals or building client relationships.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, philanthropic institution, or social enterprise, preferably with experience in Development or Major Gifts
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills.