Business Development Senior Associate
Catchafire is the leading skills-based volunteering platform connecting high impact organizations in need with talented professionals eager to give back their skills. Through Catchafire’s technology, pre-scoped project opportunities, and ongoing customer support, we provide meaningful, transformational volunteer experiences for every volunteer and organization in the community. Give what you're good at today by registering on catchafire.org
Catchafire’s Enterprise Solution is the key revenue driver of the company and is intended to accelerate the adoption of Catchafire by large companies, other enterprises, and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits. In just one year, the Enterprise Solution has become a significant driver of Catchafire’s growth, and we expect this growth to continue full throttle.
As Business Development Senior Associate, you will be supporting the Business Development Director, VP of Partnerships, and CEO as they develop sophisticated and effective proposals, manages a robust pipeline, cultivates relationships, and sells Catchafire through complex organizations. You are an organized team player, a strategic thinker, a natural talent in communications and interpersonal skills, and has long-term aspirations for a career in business development and building large, complex partnerships to drive results. You are hungry for hands-on learning that spans administrative work to increasingly complex client-facing opportunities.
This is a role for an extraordinarily driven professional who is motivated by learning through hard work and high levels of responsibility. This role is special as it will give the right individual an unprecedented learning experience by providing exposure to the full business development organization, unparalleled access to meetings with C-Suite leaders and high stakes opportunities.
- Manage and optimize internal systems for the Business Development Team in order to make the team as a whole stronger, faster, and more effective; own the details of pipeline and lead management while taking on increasing client-facing and strategic responsibilities in order to create capacity for the Business Development Director to focus on the most important things
- Support on lead generation strategy and execution, cultivating and maintaining a healthy pipeline of targets, prospects, leads, and opportunities
- Research leads, synthesize information into sales angles, prepare the Business Development Director, VP of Foundation Partnerships and CEO for meetings, and help craft the strategy for each lead
- Support in the development of presentations and proposals
- Manage the transition of new clients from Sales to Accounts
- Track industry news and trends, conduct ongoing research into areas of opportunity, and maintain a knowledge database to support the Business Development goals and curate Catchafire’s value propositions
- Support on business development calls and meetings by being an active participant
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience supporting client-facing teams in areas such as business development or strategy or management consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, creative problem solving, and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated project management skills