Business Development Senior Associate
CATCHAFIRE is a community of individuals seeking to support and strengthen the social good sector by matching professionals who want to donate their time and talent to nonprofits who need those skills. As a for-purpose social enterprise and Public-Benefit Corporation, Catchafire is committed to providing transformational volunteer experiences that will help create an empathetic, inclusive, and loving world where people use their talents in service of our shared humanity. We are creating a new type of business model– one that demonstrates that you can focus on a social mission and build a successful business at the same time. Our goal is to transform the social good ecosystem by enabling organizations to save time, money, and resources and connect with talented and passionate individuals who have the potential to become long term advocates. We facilitate high impact engagements connecting a vast network of professional volunteers to nonprofits and social enterprises who join our service through a financial commitment funded by a grantmaker or through their existing funds. These engagements result in not only critical work completed, but often also provide an opportunity to develop new and existing skills and ultimately, strengthen an organization’s ability to deliver on its mission long-term. Through our work, we hope to create a more collaborative and equitable environment where all organizations have access to high quality talent and where skilled professionals have a deeper understanding of the people and work of the social good sector. Ultimately, all of our work serves our mission: creating a world where it is commonplace to serve for the greater good. Give what you're good at today by registering on catchafire.org
Catchafire’s Enterprise Solution is the key revenue driver of the company and is intended to accelerate the adoption of Catchafire by large companies, other enterprises, and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits. In just one year, the Enterprise Solution has become a significant driver of Catchafire’s growth, and we expect this growth to continue full throttle.
As Business Development Senior Associate, you will be supporting the Business Development Director, VP of Partnerships, and CEO as they develop sophisticated and effective proposals, manages a robust pipeline, cultivates relationships, and sells Catchafire through complex organizations. You are an organized team player, a strategic thinker, a natural talent in communications and interpersonal skills, and has long-term aspirations for a career in business development and building large, complex partnerships to drive results. You are hungry for hands-on learning that spans administrative work to increasingly complex client-facing opportunities.
This is a role for an extraordinarily driven professional who is motivated by learning through hard work and high levels of responsibility. This role is special as it will give the right individual an unprecedented learning experience by providing exposure to the full business development organization, unparalleled access to meetings with C-Suite leaders and high stakes opportunities.
- Manage and optimize internal systems for the Business Development Team in order to make the team as a whole stronger, faster, and more effective; own the details of pipeline and lead management while taking on increasing client-facing and strategic responsibilities in order to create capacity for the Business Development Director to focus on the most important things
- Support on lead generation strategy and execution, cultivating and maintaining a healthy pipeline of targets, prospects, leads, and opportunities
- Research leads, synthesize information into sales angles, prepare the Business Development Director, VP of Foundation Partnerships and CEO for meetings, and help craft the strategy for each lead
- Support in the development of presentations and proposals
- Manage the transition of new clients from Sales to Accounts
- Track industry news and trends, conduct ongoing research into areas of opportunity, and maintain a knowledge database to support the Business Development goals and curate Catchafire’s value propositions
- Support on business development calls and meetings by being an active participant
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience supporting client-facing teams in areas such as business development or strategy or management consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, creative problem solving, and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated project management skills