Director of Sales Development
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.We believe that technology and probability are better than talking heads and punditry when it comes to helping our clients predict their next market, their next acquisition, their next investment, their next customer or their competitor's next move.We were initially backed by the National Science Foundation and bootstrapped to millions in revenue before taking venture capital financing in late 2015.Cisco, Salesforce, Castrol, Gartner, as well as top-tier VCs including, NEA, Upfront Ventures, RRE, and FirstMark Capital rely on CB Insights to make decisions based on data, not decibels.
Our Outbound Sales Manager will be responsible for managing our team of outbound lead generation specialists at CB Insights along with creating new strategies and process flows to maximize revenue from this channel.
CB Insights is attacking a very large market, and this role is primarily responsible to ensure we touch our future clients directly and proactively about how we can help solve their problems. As a manager you must be able to collaborate and operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, and constantly changing environment while staying laser focused and hands-on with your team.
- Manage a team of outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to ensure consistent quality and quantity of outreach
- Develop outreach scripts, cadences, and touchplans for the outbound team through a deep understanding of each different channel and customer type
- Develop new, innovative sales initiatives to put our brand and products in front of future clients
- Champion CB Insights’ commitment to customer service
- Identify reporting gaps/needs and use data to target new opportunities in the sales funnel and ensure we have adequate resources/headcount
- Develop consistent, convincing objection handling and qualification techniques to ensure optimal use of our team's time
- 5+ Years in Software Sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals
- Experience across both inbound and outbound channels, with a preference toward cold outbound outreach
- People Leadership experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Expertise with CRMs & CRM Reporting, familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions