Manager of Customer Success
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.We believe that technology and probability are better than talking heads and punditry when it comes to helping our clients predict their next market, their next acquisition, their next investment, their next customer or their competitor's next move.We were initially backed by the National Science Foundation and bootstrapped to millions in revenue before taking venture capital financing in late 2015.Cisco, Salesforce, Castrol, Gartner, as well as top-tier VCs including, NEA, Upfront Ventures, RRE, and FirstMark Capital rely on CB Insights to make decisions based on data, not decibels.
Drive CB Insights' growth as a leader of our Customer Success team.
The Manager of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success team that ensures customers achieve their desired outcomes through the adoption of CB Insights’ software & services. The Manager will lead a team of Customer Success Managers across a portfolio of assigned accounts, will collaborate with other teams across CB Insights and will engage directly with customers. Performance is based upon specific metrics associated with customer on-boarding, product adoption, expansion & retention.
CB Insights is experiencing significant growth. As part of this evolution, the company continues to invest in a Customer Success team to help the business scale. This is an incredible opportunity for someone that wants to drive customer success through the convergence of software, services & innovation.
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers to increase team results & employee engagement.
- Establish goals, direct work & manage team member’s day-to-day activities including customer on-boarding, training, product adoption, expansion & renewals.
- Implement Customer Success team recruitment, hiring, training & retention strategies.
- Develop & execute an effective customer on-boarding program to deliver customer value as quickly as possible.
- Work internally and across customer organizations to implement success plays to increase customer adoption of CB Insights platform.
- Advise team to develop & implement Customer Success Plans for assigned accounts. Includes establishing communication & governance schedules to highlight value delivered to customers.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership & Account Executives to support cross-sell opportunities within key accounts.
- Design and implement customer retention success plays to increase renewals rates & reduce churn.
- Leverage predictive analytics to identify & mitigate at-risk accounts
- Consistently report results to senior management.
- Stay current on CB Insights products, competitive landscape and innovation trends.
- High percentage of customers adopting CB Insights’ software.
- Exceed quarterly customer retention targets.
- Low percentage of customers cancelling before the end of their contract term.
- Continued follow on purchases from existing customers across CB Insights offerings.
- Increasing annual recurring revenue from portfolio of accounts.
- On-going contributions to the enhancement of the team’s customer retention capabilities.
- Consistent pipeline of Customer Success team candidates.
- High employee engagement.
Core Skills & Talents:
- Passion to raise performance levels of team members.
- Ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal & written communication abilities including strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills;formulate solutions that deliver real business value.
- Well organized; simultaneously manage a portfolio of direct reports, customer & internal relationships.
- A drive to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
- A need to assume responsibility for work.
- An impatience to move others to action.
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or similar study. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of prior account management and/or customer success experience, preferably within enterprise software or SaaS.
- 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Proven track record of managing enterprise client portfolio of at least $10 million.
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 401K WITH MATCHING
- PROFIT SHARING
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- YEARLY EDUCATION STIPEND
- HEALTH INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- LUNCH STIPEND
- XBOX ONE & WII
- OFFICE SONOS
- 3D PRINTER & DJI DRONE
- COMPETITIVE GAMES OF RISK
- OFFICE GONG