Director of Sales Development
CB Insights fuses machine learning, algorithms, data and visualizations together to help large enterprises ask, answer and articulate compelling answers to difficult questions - about growth, about competition and about the markets and technologies of the future. Our machine learning technology mines vast numbers of unstructured documents such as patents, earnings calls, news articles, company websites, regulatory filings, social media and more to derive insights into the future of the global economy. Clients include Cisco, Salesforce, Castrol, Gartner, as well as top-tier VCs including, NEA, Upfront Ventures, RRE, and FirstMark Capital. From accessing comprehensive private market data, to mining patent filings, to mapping out industry landscapes in one click, you can access our data capabilities today by starting a 30-day free trial.
Our Outbound Sales Manager will be responsible for managing our team of outbound lead generation specialists at CB Insights along with creating new strategies and process flows to maximize revenue from this channel.
CB Insights is attacking a very large market, and this role is primarily responsible to ensure we touch our future clients directly and proactively about how we can help solve their problems. As a manager you must be able to collaborate and operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, and constantly changing environment while staying laser focused and hands-on with your team.
- Manage a team of outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to ensure consistent quality and quantity of outreach
- Develop outreach scripts, cadences, and touchplans for the outbound team through a deep understanding of each different channel and customer type
- Develop new, innovative sales initiatives to put our brand and products in front of future clients
- Champion CB Insights’ commitment to customer service
- Identify reporting gaps/needs and use data to target new opportunities in the sales funnel and ensure we have adequate resources/headcount
- Develop consistent, convincing objection handling and qualification techniques to ensure optimal use of our team's time
- 5+ Years in Software Sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals
- Experience across both inbound and outbound channels, with a preference toward cold outbound outreach
- People Leadership experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Expertise with CRMs & CRM Reporting, familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions