Manager of Customer Success
To make the right decisions, you need to know the facts. And where and how to find them.
At CB Insights, we believe that using facts over feelings is key to answering your most complex, strategic business questions.
So we use machine intelligence to synthesize, analyze and visualize millions of documents and give you fast, fact-based insights. We give companies the power to take control, make better decisionsand capitalize on change.
Clients include Cisco, Salesforce, Castrol, Gartner, as well as top-tier VCs including, NEA, Upfront Ventures, RRE, and FirstMark Capital.
Drive CB Insights' growth as a leader of our Customer Success team.
The Manager of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success team that ensures customers achieve their desired outcomes through the adoption of CB Insights’ software & services. The Manager will lead a team of Customer Success Managers across a portfolio of assigned accounts, will collaborate with other teams across CB Insights and will engage directly with customers. Performance is based upon specific metrics associated with customer on-boarding, product adoption, expansion & retention.
CB Insights is experiencing significant growth. As part of this evolution, the company continues to invest in a Customer Success team to help the business scale. This is an incredible opportunity for someone that wants to drive customer success through the convergence of software, services & innovation.
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers to increase team results & employee engagement.
- Establish goals, direct work & manage team member’s day-to-day activities including customer on-boarding, training, product adoption, expansion & renewals.
- Implement Customer Success team recruitment, hiring, training & retention strategies.
- Develop & execute an effective customer on-boarding program to deliver customer value as quickly as possible.
- Work internally and across customer organizations to implement success plays to increase customer adoption of CB Insights platform.
- Advise team to develop & implement Customer Success Plans for assigned accounts. Includes establishing communication & governance schedules to highlight value delivered to customers.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership & Account Executives to support cross-sell opportunities within key accounts.
- Design and implement customer retention success plays to increase renewals rates & reduce churn.
- Leverage predictive analytics to identify & mitigate at-risk accounts
- Consistently report results to senior management.
- Stay current on CB Insights products, competitive landscape and innovation trends.
- High percentage of customers adopting CB Insights’ software.
- Exceed quarterly customer retention targets.
- Low percentage of customers cancelling before the end of their contract term.
- Continued follow on purchases from existing customers across CB Insights offerings.
- Increasing annual recurring revenue from portfolio of accounts.
- On-going contributions to the enhancement of the team’s customer retention capabilities.
- Consistent pipeline of Customer Success team candidates.
- High employee engagement.
Core Skills & Talents:
- Passion to raise performance levels of team members.
- Ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal & written communication abilities including strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills;formulate solutions that deliver real business value.
- Well organized; simultaneously manage a portfolio of direct reports, customer & internal relationships.
- A drive to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
- A need to assume responsibility for work.
- An impatience to move others to action.
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or similar study. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of prior account management and/or customer success experience, preferably within enterprise software or SaaS.
- 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Proven track record of managing enterprise client portfolio of at least $10 million.
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.