Sales Development Manager
To make the right decisions, you need to know the facts. And where and how to find them.
At CB Insights, we believe that using facts over feelings is key to answering your most complex, strategic business questions.
So we use machine intelligence to synthesize, analyze and visualize millions of documents and give you fast, fact-based insights. We give companies the power to take control, make better decisionsand capitalize on change.
Clients include Cisco, Salesforce, Castrol, Gartner, as well as top-tier VCs including, NEA, Upfront Ventures, RRE, and FirstMark Capital.
Our Outbound Sales Manager will be responsible for managing our team of outbound lead generation specialists at CB Insights along with creating new strategies and process flows to maximize revenue from this channel.
CB Insights is attacking a very large market, and this role is primarily responsible to ensure we touch our future clients directly and proactively about how we can help solve their problems. As a manager you must be able to collaborate and operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, and constantly changing environment while staying laser focused and hands-on with your team.
- Manage a team of outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to ensure consistent quality and quantity of outreach
- Develop outreach scripts, cadences, and touchplans for the outbound team through a deep understanding of each different channel and customer type
- Develop new, innovative sales initiatives to put our brand and products in front of future clients
- Champion CB Insights’ commitment to customer service
- Identify reporting gaps/needs and use data to target new opportunities in the sales funnel and ensure we have adequate resources/headcount
- Develop consistent, convincing objection handling and qualification techniques to ensure optimal use of our team's time
- 3+ Years in Software Sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals
- Experience across both inbound and outbound channels, with a preference toward cold outbound outreach
- People Leadership experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Expertise with CRMs & CRM Reporting, familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions