Market Development Manager
We believe that transparency in real estate information results in more effective deal making. CompStak is the world's first comprehensive database of commercial deal information (comps). Brokers exchange the comps they have at hand, for the specific comps they need. Residential real estate websites gather home sales comps from public records. In commercial real estate most deals are leases, and there has been no public record for lease comps . . . until now. In addition to lease comps, we now offer commercial sales comps, which allows for complete property insight.
CompStak is a crowdsourced database of commercial real estate data. We’re VC-backed, expanding into every major market in the United States and we need your help. As a Market Development Manager, your role is to drive the next phase of adoption of the CompStak platform with commercial real estate brokers, appraisers and researchers.
The ideal candidate is based in NYC, but willing to travel and promote CompStak to users across the country (and soon enough, the world!). Background in account management, and / or commercial real estate is highly preferred, as well as work experience in either New England or Texas.
The Market Development Manager should enjoy speaking with people, get excited by the prospect of presenting at an event and love collaborating and working on a team. He or she should have exceptional project management skills and be organized, self-directed, flexible and comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Acting as both an account manager / customer success person (to ensure continuous member engagement and customer support) and an on-the-ground promoter (to ensure CompStak is present at events/conferences etc. in every market)
- Serving as the primary point of contact for users that you onboard and making their CompStak experience extraordinary
- Planning and hosting events to engage and grow the CompStak community
- Relaying user feedback to the product team to help improve CompStak and advocate for our user base
- Identify the commercial real estate players in your assigned region and conduct at least 50 in-person meetings or remote demos per quarter with potential CompStak users (CEOs/managing directors, individual brokers, appraisers, researchers, analysts etc.)
- Be a master of CRMs - don't let any opportunity to engage members or bring on new members pass you by.
- Plan and host or attend at least 10 conferences/events throughout the country each quarter
- Work with our team to resolve 99% customer service requests within 30 minutes