Director of Market Development, SoCal + Southwest
We believe that transparency in real estate information results in more effective deal making. CompStak is the world's first comprehensive database of commercial deal information (comps). Brokers exchange the comps they have at hand, for the specific comps they need. Residential real estate websites gather home sales comps from public records. In commercial real estate most deals are leases, and there has been no public record for lease comps . . . until now. In addition to lease comps, we now offer commercial sales comps, which allows for complete property insight.
CompStak is a crowdsourced database of commercial real estate data. CompStak Exchange members are commercial real estate brokers, appraisers and researchers, who trade difficult-to-find leasing data on our platform. VC-backed, we’re expanding into every major market in the United States and need your help. We’re looking for a Director of Market Development for SoCal + Southwest who is a driven, tenacious and expansion minded to lead the growth of our user base and data in the region.
Do you have several years of experience in growth / geographic expansion? Can you start from scratch and come up with a detailed plan to drive adoption of a new service in a new city? Can you execute your plan, iterate as you fail, and try again with the same relentlessness and energy? Do you value and pursue data and metrics to measure your success?
Beyond that, you’ll need to enjoy speaking with people, get excited by the prospect of presenting at an event and love collaborating and working on a team. You should have exceptional project management skills and be self-directed, flexible and comfortable working in a startup environment. You should also be a player - coach who will lead others, and at the same time be willing to roll up the sleeves, cold call, or onboard a new user.
- Map and plan our growth and expansion in several metropolitan areas in SoCal and the Southwest
- Direct the work of one Market Development Manager who will be reporting to you.
- Identify and build relationships with the local real estate players in every market: from the admin to the CEO.
- Manage the relationships with users, from lead to engaged user. (You and team are both promoters and account managers.)
- Utilize every possible channel to acquire users, including phone, email, in person meetings, conferences and events.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for users and make their CompStak experience extraordinary
- Resolve 99% of all customer service issues within 30 minutes
- Relay user feedback to the product team to help improve CompStak and advocate for our user base
- Be based in LA, and travel 25%-30% to promote CompStak in SoCal and the Southwest.