Business Development Representative
CultureIQ is a platform that enables organizations to make positive, measurable changes to their culture, and a community that connects peers and experts around the topic of culture. The CultureIQ platform helps companies actively engage their culture through an ongoing process of collecting, understanding, and responding to internal feedback to drive employee engagement, retention, and success.
Based in New York City, CultureIQ was founded in 2013 by Greg Besner, an adjunct professor at New York University Stern School of Business and one of the original owners of Zappos.com. CultureIQ is backed by a group of notable investors, including Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Founders Circle, and VegasTechFund. For more information, visit www.cultureiq.com.
CultureIQ was mentioned in Josh Bersin's New Model for Talent Management Report as a "Disruptive New Tool and Technology" of 2015.
The core responsibility of the Business Development Representative is to generate and qualify new business leads for the sales team while also developing their own deals by focusing on small business accounts.
- Manage company-wide lead generation process from prospect identification to conversion to qualified opportunity
- Meticulously maintain lead information throughout all sales systems and databases
- Quickly and effectively introduce CultureIQ to C-Suite Executives via email, phone, or in person meetings.
- Cold-call to qualify and convert leads when needed
- Review and update email templates to reflect latest in strategic messaging
- Review and update collateral to reflect latest features and product design
- Work hand-in-hand with sales executives to seamlessly transition leads to qualified opportunities
- Drive the sales process for small business accounts - from prospecting to closing.
- Use Salesforce and Google Sheets to aggregate sales and marketing data and generate reports for internal and external presentations
- Use data to refine our process and improve lead acquisition
- Be committed to learning and becoming expert at sales and building sales relationships
- Be open to coaching and mentoring
- Excited by the prospecting of growing their career as you exceed targets
- The ideal candidate has experience in sales or communications. In lieu of experience, we are looking for evidence of maturity, exceeding goals, intelligence, drive, and willingness to learn and accept training.
- Attention to detail
- A self starter, who will initiate recommendations and ideas
- Excited about building relationships with prospects and clients
- A confident, patient, and thoughtful communicator
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, early stage company environment
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously, has a sense of humor, and is easy going