Custora, the leading cloud-based retail customer analytics platform, helps retailers drive incremental revenue and lifetime value by making better use of their customer data. Companies use Custora to acquire higher value customers, increase purchase frequency, and improve team efficiency. Custora serves more than 100 customer obsessed brands around the world including Nordstrom, Ann Inc., Tiffany & Co., Crocs, and Teleflora. For information about Custora visit www.custora.com. And yes, we're hiring. Check out https://www.custora.com/careers for details.
Custora is building out its core sales team. We are looking for Customer Development Managers who can help us generate and qualify new leads, and provide appropriate support throughout the sales process to cultivate relationships with new potential customers. CDMs will be expected to learn the ins and outs of Custora’s predictive analytics platform, and design creative strategies to share our platform with prospects. This will include doing research on target companies and prospects, developing and deploying effective marketing campaigns, preparing pitch materials to share with potential new customers, and more.
Predictive analytics is not a simple concept. It involves statistical modeling, data science, and a little bit of magic. CDMs don’t need to understand every equation, but we find that the best “salespeople” are able understand what makes the customer’s business challenging, and articulate how our approach is different. Custora offers a very steep learning curve while providing great training and career development opportunities. At Custora, you will be joining a small team, and sharing in the opportunity to shape our processes and growth trajectory.
- Create sales conversations: Research target companies and executives, craft compelling marketing emails to start conversations, follow up persistently yet gracefully, all while neatly planning, organizing, and tracking your activities.
- Participate in marketing and sales activities: Take part in the marketing and sales lifecycle by developing sales collateral and marketing content, planning and participating in industry events, and developing strong online and "real-life" relationships with e-commerce and marketing executives.
- Consistently grow and improve our processes: Work across teams to streamline processes, improve sales tracking and grow the business. Meticulously track your activities and use analytical methods to identify potential challenges and develop solutions to improve the whole process.
We aren’t looking for traditional candidates and there is no minimum experience level. Our team is made up of leaders with backgrounds in Finance, Biology, Management Consulting and everything in between. If you’re excited about building the future of marketing - where businesses communicate in meaningful ways to each unique customer - join our team. The most important qualities for a successful CDM are: intelligence, creativity, high EQ, professional persistence, positive outlook, confidence, and competitive spirit. Are you excited about applying? Below is some additional information on the profile of a good candidate:
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- 0-3 years professional work experience
- E-commerce, marketing, analytics or startup experience is a plus
- Analytical ability is a must
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Attention to detail
- B2B sales experience not required
- Base Salary: $45,000 - $55,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000