Sales Development Manager
Datadog is the essential monitoring platform for cloud applications. We bring together data from servers, containers, databases, and third-party services to make your stack entirely observable. These capabilities help DevOps teams avoid downtime, resolve performance issues, and ensure customers are getting the best user experience.
Our Sales Development Team is rapidly scaling, and we are hiring a new manager who will have the opportunity to mentor, support and grow the SDR's in this division. This role will make a huge business impact on one of the largest lines of business in the company, and on our revenue. This role will partner with our existing Sales Development Managers and Sales Development Director out of our Boston, MA office.
- Manage, mentor and train a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Participate in hiring and interviewing process, as well as ramp up for all new team members
- Teach new hires how to assess company needs, cater strategically to each prospect, and manage potential objections
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast or results, and creative incentives to meet all goals
- Launch the sales career of Sales Development Team into enterprise or full cycle sales roles within the Datadog sales matrix
- Develop and maintain accurate team forecasts for senior leadership team
- 2+ years of experience in hi-tech direct sales
- Motivated by helping people grow
- Strong passion for coaching and team management
- Able to manage and work across multiple departments
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a high-growth rapidly changing marketplace
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool