Figure Eight, an Appen company, combines the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. With over a decade of experience and over 10 billion judgments, Figure Eight’s enterprise-ready data annotation platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
As a Solutions Engineer in the Sales team you will play a vital role in driving the technical pre-sales engagement with prospective customers. This is a hands-on technologist role and you will wear many hats. You will not just be presenting slides and giving demos. You will be architecting enterprise data enrichment solutions for large organizations and explaining our data enrichment platform, through your work, to data science teams. Experience seeing the entire sales lifecycle, from conception to design to technology evaluation, through to closing the deal is crucial.
- Use case discovery. Work with customers and prospects to deeply understand the proposed use case and propose solutions using the Figure Eight data enrichment platform.
- Demo ninja. Deliver in-depth technical product demos to customers and prospects at all levels within an organization.
- Technical subject matter expert. Support the sales cycle through the elimination of technical objections and build rapport with the data science and engineering teams at prospective customers.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization. Balance supporting multiple Account Executives and multiple sales cycles.
- Prove customer value. Where necessary deliver proofs of concept and pilots to demonstrate the value of the Figure Eight data enrichment platform.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Development experience with HTML is a must
- Comfortable working with customers and public speaking (there will be some customer / conference travel for this role)
- Familiarity with Social Analytics platforms or Machine Learning a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL workflows
- Desire to learn continuously about new ideas and concepts in data science