Mid-Market Account Executive
Fluent City is one of the fastest growing language companies in the country. We offer online, in-person and blended learning options across 11 languages and 4 cities for both consumers and organizations. Our immersive, skill-based language learning style emphasizes speaking over reading and writing. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. This sets us apart from apps, textbooks, and other traditional learning methods. With online tools, custom content and multimedia, and a radically innovative teaching approach, our mission is to reinvent language learning for the 21st century. We’re hiring! Check out our careers page for more: https://www.fluentcity.com/careers
The essence of your role will be to forge new business partnerships with mid-market corporations (<2000 employees), shepherd our quality leads all the way to close, plus expand business with existing clients. This includes developing sophisticated and effective proposals, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships and, ultimately, selling Fluent City’s services to complex organizations.
- Conduct account-based research to qualify, discover challenges and align capabilities with key buyers
- Navigate organizational charts, reach out directly to champions and decision makers at mid-market companies to understand their priorities and introduce Fluent City as a best in class language solution
- Prepare proposals, negotiate pricing, and manage deals throughout the sales process
- Create and prioritize a pipeline of prospective new clients
- Maximize lifetime value of existing customers by fostering strong relationships and up-selling to different departments within the company
- Willing to commute to office in Williamsburg
- 3+ years experience selling into learning and development, training, people dev or HR teams.
- You have a track record of being the top performing individual contributor. Experience closing complex sales cycles with the F2000.
- You’re comfortable closing annual service agreements and long-term subscriptions.
- You’ll be able to clearly communicate how you prospect new clients and how you balance networking with on-the-phone work to be successful.
- Ability to think strategically on how to build a pipeline around a new product.
- Our B2B product is still evolving so you’ll have to be creative in identifying the best value propositions at each iteration, and communicate to buyers that this is a “must have” solution.
- Self-motivated, scrappy, high energy, and hard-working attitude.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth environments.