Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Formation’s AI-powered marketing platform enables the world’s leading organizations to orchestrate their customer interactions. By using our platform to deliver hyper-personalized offers directly to their customers, our clients are shattering success metrics across-the-board. As we look to the future, our focus is on building a world-class team of individuals who are naturally curious and who are passionate about working to solve complex problems. If you are looking to drive meaningful impact alongside a diverse team of super talented people, take a look at our careers page for a list of current openings.
We are looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development organization. You’ll gain experience and invaluable insights interacting with Executives and Marketing Professionals from the world’s most recognizable companies and brands across diverse industries and geographical areas. You will work cross-collaboratively with Formation’s Leadership Team, Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Data Scientists to shape and scale the future of Formation. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated and driven to exceed personal and professional goals in a fast-paced and exciting start-up environment.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the VP of Sales, but you'll build and leverage relationships with everyone on our executive team as well as our investors (Boston Consulting Group).
We are also thrilled to be named one of the Top 50 startups by LinkedIn! If you're up for the challenge of a lifetime, we want to embrace it with you!
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding our Customer Goal Management Platform
- Establish key relationships with stakeholders at Fortune 500 companies
- Create a positive and memorable first impression to our prospective clients by providing them with an amazing experience
- Partner with the Vice President of Sales and Executive Team to generate a pipeline and accelerate sales cycle while developing your sales skills
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest and engagement
- Interact with Boston Consulting Group and other alliance partners to help facilitate Customer and Prospect introductions
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Assist in shaping, defining and strategizing on a new market category, i.e. Customer Goal Management
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in related field (ie Business Administration, Communication)
- 1-2+ years of corporate experience, not including internships (software sales is a plus)
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Prior inside sales experience a plus
- Track record of achieving sales targets and metrics
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation communication skills
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment