Fraym was built to help fast-growing companies, development organizations, and government agencies succeed in Africa. Our best-in-class product weaves together survey data and satellite imagery to provide hyper-local insight on communities across continent. We use this comprehensive data platform to answer your questions about where to focus and how to reach specific populations. This innovative approach delivers customized analysis with unprecedented accuracy and speed.
Like most innovations, Fraym was born out of frustration. Our founders and leadership have focused on the African continent for decades, holding senior positions in The White House, the African Development Bank, the Center for Global Development, and the ONE Campaign. Before Fraym, we faced one consistent and fundamental challenge—sourcing localized data to make informed decisions. The reality is, many important decisions on the continent are being made with highly inadequate information. Often, analysis is limited to anecdotes, aggregate statistics, or gut instincts. Fraym was created to fill this gap.
From offices in Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, and Washington, D.C., Fraym is committed to empowering African businesses and communities through precise, localized data.
The account manager will help Fraym’s clients adopt and use our powerful data products. You will play a major part in growing the company, and will focus on keeping clients happy and expanding important accounts. Specifically, you will work with our analysis and delivery teams to deliver Fraym products to customers—including custom analysis, online data tools, and direct access to databases. Your first goal is to make sure that people are delighted with their Fraym products and consistently receive actionable value. Your second goal is to figure out what else our customers need from Fraym, then make the upsell. You will be evaluated by how successfully you are able to maintain and grow Fraym’s customer relationships.
Fraym is looking for someone who excels at helping people tackle complex business and organizational issues. We need someone who enjoys connecting with people and building lasting relationships. You should have at least some experience working with data and technology, as well as some sales experience or ability. Fraym works with customers in the private sector, the global development space, and the intelligence/security community. You may be assigned to support our customers in one or more of these areas, depending on your experience, interest, and aptitude. We will put you in a position for significant career growth.
- Master Fraym’s product offerings, services, and potential impact. Be able to effectively articulate our unique value for companies and organizations focused on Africa.
- Be the “face” of Fraym for several concurrent customer engagements. This means you will work closely with the product delivery team to make sure that work gets done and customers are happy. You will have meetings/calls at least weekly with active customers, and will help the delivery team adapt our products to meet the client’s most important needs.
- Maintain relationships with Fraym customers. You’ll be assigned a subset of customers for which you are the point person. Through calls, meetings, visits, and other means, you’ll stay in touch with them, make sure they continue to use our products, and figure out other ways we can help address their evolving needs.
- Grow customer accounts. Your main goal is to learn what else customers need from Fraym, and to close new business to meet these needs. We will set targets together that you will meet every quarter.
- Work with the technical team to learn, refine, and improve our product offerings based on what you learn from our customers.
- Represent Fraym at appropriate events and meetings.
- Periodic domestic and international travel to visit existing, past, and prospective customers.
- Fraym is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup, and you should be ready and willing to pitch in on anything else that comes up.
- Demonstrated emotional and intellectual maturity. Fraym has many high-profile, influential customers, and you must become their trusted advisor.
- Successful track record of relationship management and/or business development in a relevant industry.
- Track record of taking ownership and initiative in your previous roles.
- Show us that you’re enthusiastic about joining a dynamic new company and being part of its growth and impact.
- Evidence that you can quickly become an expert in Fraym’s products and value for companies and organizations.
- Excellent communication and social interaction skills.
- Excellent written English (with relevant examples to demonstrate writing quality).
- Familiarity with African geography, politics, and development issues. Working experience in Africa a big plus.
- Proficiency in French is also a big plus.
- Excellent academic credentials with a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Able to live and work in the Washington, DC metro area.