Sales Development Representative 2015
Small business lending is broken—and Fundera is here to fix it. By building the most trusted marketplace in the industry, we make lenders compete for business instead of the other way around.Small business is the backbone of our economy, and business owners deserve a partner they can trust—especially when it comes to financing. 4 out of 5 business owners get denied by banks for the loans they need to solve problems and seize opportunities, and far too many get ripped off by unregulated brokers looking for a quick buck.With Fundera, business owners can get competing offers from dozens of the country’s leading small business lenders by submitting just one application. Our service is simple, transparent, and best of all? It’s absolutely free. Our mission: to put the power to borrow back in the hands of business owners.
Millions of small business owners will apply for a loan every year, and over 80% of applications are rejected by the big banks, many after months of paperwork and bureaucracy. Fundera's mission is to help small businesses grow by finding the best lender from within and beyond the world of traditional banks. As we expand, we need more smart people to help us build tools for Main Street businesses to understand their finances and secure funding for their growth.
If you have a passion for helping business owners, an interest in financial technology, and a desire to help build a company from the ground up, then we want to hear from you! Fundera is looking for an intelligent, passionate, and charismatic professional to help us establish and scale our sales and support team. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment, communicating with small- and mid-size business owners and lenders all day long.
This position is located in New York City and requires 1-3 years of experience.
- Educate SMBs on the alternative lending space, understand where they are in the business life cycle, and match them to funding providers
- Assist SMB’s with relevant applications, document gathering, and assessment of options as they seek funding to grow their business
- Follow up on SMBs that have expressed interest in working with Fundera, and maintain an active daily leads pipeline
- Become an expert on the small business alternative lending space
- Build relationships with lenders in the Fundera network
- Document all activity in CRM system, keeping it clean and up-to-date
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent sales & service orientation both internally and externally
- Comfortable and resilient in conversations with business owners from all walks of life
- Offer us insight above and beyond your daily duties, and be prepared to defend them--don't just work here, help us build a great company
- Capacity to learn and understand financial statements and valuation models
- Strong interest in the financial technology sector and growing online lending space
- Ability to work independently and proactively while improving processes and results, prioritizing work with minimal direction
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Base Salary: $35,000 - $45,000
- On Target Earnings: $55,000 - $65,000