Director of Sales
Small business lending is broken—and Fundera is here to fix it. By building the most trusted marketplace in the industry, we make lenders compete for business instead of the other way around.Small business is the backbone of our economy, and business owners deserve a partner they can trust—especially when it comes to financing. 4 out of 5 business owners get denied by banks for the loans they need to solve problems and seize opportunities, and far too many get ripped off by unregulated brokers looking for a quick buck.With Fundera, business owners can get competing offers from dozens of the country’s leading small business lenders by submitting just one application. Our service is simple, transparent, and best of all? It’s absolutely free. Our mission: to put the power to borrow back in the hands of business owners.
Fundera is looking for a driven, invested, and experienced Director of Sales to help scale our organization. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment, communicating directly with small and mid-sized business owners every day.
This person will oversee see a revenue generating team of 8-12 Account Executives, and be responsible for sales leadership functions including but not limited to: high velocity recruiting, sales training & development, process documentation & implementation, and culture development. This role will grow into full oversight of a business unit (top of funnel, new business, or renewals)
This position is located in New York City and requires 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years in a management function.
- Manage a team of 8-12 Account Executives with experience ranging from 3-7+ years, and ensure the organization meets its aggressive revenue & growth goals.
- Maintain and enforce a high standard of service consistent with Fundera customer-first positioning & brand.
- Build an efficient management cadence through 1/1s, team meetings, & coaching.
- Drive pitch development & experimentation while working with our Sales -
- Trainer on filling development gaps across the team.
- Work across the broader leadership team on planning & strategy to grow new business quarterly in a repeatable & predictable way.
- Work with sales management on sourcing, recruiting, & onboarding of top talent at the SDR, AE, & AM levels.
- Work closely with SDR management & marketing on driving opportunities for growth at the top of our funnel.
- Guard & protect the Fundera culture and ensure we are living by our core values.
- 5+ years of proven sales experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role, preferably on an Inside Sales Team. Startup or growth phase companies a plus.
- Hands-on management style; prioritizing individual attention along with regular and direct customer engagement.
- Experience recruiting & on-boarding high performing sales reps.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM, including reporting and management KPIs.
- Willing and able to offer insight beyond your daily duties -- don't just work here, help us build a great company.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity at an early stage and high growth company.
- Fully paid Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Snack-stocked kitchen and coffee fuel.
- Bi-monthly learning opportunities & events with other entrepreneurs, small business owners, & investors.
- Bi-monthly catered lunches & happy hours, and other events such as trivia, office yoga, wiffle ball, and visits to our customers.
- Full Transparency into the business - regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team.
- Come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually have a massive economic impact across the US small business community