Director of Sales
Fundera is a marketplace for small business financial solutions. We provide expert insights and tailored options—from loans to credit cards to bank accounts—so business owners can shop and compare financial choices they often don’t know they have. We partner throughout every stage of their business, helping them weigh the best-fit financial options based on their current needs and eligibility. Our combination of technology and financial expertise ensures business owners make their smartest business decisions yet.
Fundera is looking for a driven, invested, and experienced Director of Sales to help scale our organization. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment, communicating directly with small and mid-sized business owners every day.
This person will oversee see a revenue generating team of 8-12 Account Executives, and be responsible for sales leadership functions including but not limited to: high velocity recruiting, sales training & development, process documentation & implementation, and culture development. This role will grow into full oversight of a business unit (top of funnel, new business, or renewals)
This position is located in New York City and requires 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years in a management function.
- Manage a team of 8-12 Account Executives with experience ranging from 3-7+ years, and ensure the organization meets its aggressive revenue & growth goals.
- Maintain and enforce a high standard of service consistent with Fundera customer-first positioning & brand.
- Build an efficient management cadence through 1/1s, team meetings, & coaching.
- Drive pitch development & experimentation while working with our Sales -
- Trainer on filling development gaps across the team.
- Work across the broader leadership team on planning & strategy to grow new business quarterly in a repeatable & predictable way.
- Work with sales management on sourcing, recruiting, & onboarding of top talent at the SDR, AE, & AM levels.
- Work closely with SDR management & marketing on driving opportunities for growth at the top of our funnel.
- Guard & protect the Fundera culture and ensure we are living by our core values.
- 5+ years of proven sales experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role, preferably on an Inside Sales Team. Startup or growth phase companies a plus.
- Hands-on management style; prioritizing individual attention along with regular and direct customer engagement.
- Experience recruiting & on-boarding high performing sales reps.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM, including reporting and management KPIs.
- Willing and able to offer insight beyond your daily duties -- don't just work here, help us build a great company.