Manager - Business Development Life Sciences Markets
GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.) is the world’s leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,500 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
The role of the Business Development Manager is responsible for establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with mid- to large-cap U.S. Life Sciences (LS) clients through GLG’s multi-product platform.
The Account Manager will drive business development within the high-growth LS division by designing account-based strategies, driving usage growth, collaborating through innovative product platforms, and managing subscription renewals.
Successful candidates think strategically, execute commercially across a variety of accounts, and drive collaboration and partnerships across GLG’s client service and product teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the renewal life cycle of GLG’s key subscription relationships including onboarding, proposal deliveries, account growth opportunities, and subscription renewals
- Execute renewal and product revenue targets for a portfolio of existing clients
- Develop account plans and sales strategies to promote usage growth in current subscriptions and cross-selling opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues and product teams to:
- Identify potential opportunities
- Activate and re-activate users
- Train and onboard user groups
- Develop custom solutions against key client objectives
- Execute product growth targets
- Track and analyze KPIs and trends on account activity, usage, and company and industry level dynamics
Key performance metrics include:
- Closed deals and revenue target performance
- Personal target performance
- Senior-level client engagement effectiveness
- User growth and adoption by clients of new products and systems
Bachelor’s degree - 2-3 years of sales or transferable work experience - Demonstrated commercial success (either as an account manager or BD capacity) with client accounts - A strong passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues - Business acumen and ability to communicate solutions clearly - Ability to internalize GLG’s value proposition in order to communicate and customize it effectively for a variety of corporate functions across an enterprise - Resilience and strength of character: willingness to take risks and overcome failures - Exceptional teamwork and professionalism