Business Development Manager, Life Sciences - Pharmaceuticals
The role of the Business Development Manager is responsible for establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with mid- to large-cap U.S. Life Sciences (LS) clients through GLG’s multi-product platform.
The Account Manager will drive business development within the high-growth LS division by designing account-based strategies, driving usage growth, collaborating through innovative product platforms, and managing subscription renewals.
Successful candidates think strategically, execute commercially across a variety of accounts, and drive collaboration and partnerships across GLG’s client service and product teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the renewal life cycle of GLG’s key subscription relationships including onboarding, proposal deliveries, account growth opportunities, and subscription renewals
- Execute renewal and product revenue targets for a portfolio of existing clients
- Develop account plans and sales strategies to promote usage growth in current subscriptions and cross-selling opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues and product teams to:
- Identify potential opportunities
- Activate and re-activate users
- Train and onboard user groups
- Develop custom solutions against key client objectives
- Execute product growth targets
- Track and analyze KPIs and trends on account activity, usage, and company and industry level dynamics
Key performance metrics include:
- Closed deals and revenue target performance
- Personal target performance
- Senior-level client engagement effectiveness
- User growth and adoption by clients of new products and systems
Bachelor’s degree - 4+ years of sales or transferable work experience - Demonstrated commercial success (either as an account manager or BD capacity) with client accounts - A strong passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues - Business acumen and ability to communicate solutions clearly - Ability to internalize GLG’s value proposition in order to communicate and customize it effectively for a variety of corporate functions across an enterprise - Resilience and strength of character: willingness to take risks and overcome failures - Exceptional teamwork and professionalism