Account Executive - Midmarket
Handshake is the college career network of the future, built to transform the recruiting experience for college students, career centers and employers. Our mission is to democratize access to opportunity: to help every college student find the right job for them, no matter where they go to school, what they’re majoring in, or who they know. We do this by connecting college students and young alumni to a comprehensive national network, all built on a fast, scalable, mobile infrastructure. Handshake’s network gives students access to more career opportunities and insights, provides employers with more comprehensive and efficient access to talent, and gives colleges more tools to drive student engagement and increase student employment. Launched in 2014, Handshake is the ultimate career network and recruiting platform for college students and young alumni. With 700+ U.S. universities, 14 million students and alumni, and 300,000 employers (including 100% of the Fortune 500), Handshake is designed to transform the college to career journey for students, recruiters, and career centers. Handshake, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, has raised $74 million in funding from EQT Ventures, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Spark Capital, KPCB, Lightspeed Ventures, True Ventures, and Lowercase Capital. Read more about Handshake at www.joinhandshake.com.
Handshake is seeking Account Executives to help grow our customer base.
Handshake is a rapidly growing start-up offering Mobile Field Sales and B2B E-Commerce solutions that are reshaping the way brands and wholesalers sell to retailers. Through standout user experiences both in-person and online, Handshake powers wholesalers’ sales growth and enables lasting customer relationships.
The tremendous untapped market opportunity and impressive company traction enabled Handshake to secure investment from Emergence Capital Partners; early-stage VC partner to the world’s best known SaaS business applications including Salesforce.com, Box, SuccessFactors and Veeva.
Handshake is looking for dynamic individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment for our Account Executive openings. If you are interested in taking a solid next step in your SaaS sales career, enjoy closing five figure deals over the phone, and are looking for an attractive uncapped compensation package, please apply.
- Ownership of the sales cycle from initiation to closing
- Meeting / exceeding monthly, quarterly & annual targets and quotas
- Prospecting territory using multichannel techniques
- Closing opportunities identified via own prospecting and/or lead generation team
- Ensuring forecast accuracy
- Collaborating with sales & marketing team to determine essential strategic approaches for sales and territory management
- Providing effective product demos
- Emphasizing service or product features and benefits, quoting prices, and preparing sales order reports or forms
- You’ve got a bunch of energy, are comfortable on the phone, can self manage your day, think on your feet, problem solve…you know, all the boxes checked on the sales person check list. Also;
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience in SaaS
- Demonstrable success track record
- Effectively manages time and activities on a daily basis; can manage prospecting efforts, sales process, pipeline, late stage deals, contracts and quota to produce predictable business results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of solution selling
- Able to multi-task & manage shifting priorities
- BS/BA or equivalent