Director of Sales, Personal Care
hint inc., the San Francisco-based company founded by entrepreneur Kara Goldin in 2005, is a healthy lifestyle brand known for its delicious unsweetened flavored water. In 2017 hint launched a sunscreen spray that's oxybenzone and paraben free and scented with hint fruit essences, finally making sunscreen application an enjoyable experience. After having her third child, Kara was overweight, had adult acne and was generally low energy. She realized the diet soda she was drinking daily was the culprit, and switched to water. She saw results quickly but hated the taste of plain water, so she started slicing up fruit and putting it in her water, which was just the hint of flavor she needed to make drinking water enjoyable. She knew there were lots of other consumers who were addicted to sugary drinks but plain water was too boring, and when she couldn't find a product on the shelves like the one she created in her kitchen, she decided to produce it herself. hint helps people fall in love with water by using real fruit essences to make it taste great without any calories, sweetener or additives. Today it is available in the original hint still water, hint fizz (sparkling) and hint kick (lightly caffeinated), and comes in many delicious flavors including Blackberry, Watermelon, Crisp Apple, Pineapple, Cherry and more. hint water can be found in stores all over the United States, or purchased online at www.drinkhint.com. hint is the fastest growing flavored water in the United States, and the largest beverage on campuses in Silicon Valley. The brand has received numerous accolades, including Best Flavored Water (from Health, Men’s Health, and SELF magazines). With the launch of sunscreen, hint has expanded beyond beverage into a trusted band known for solving consumer problems around health. hint has a strong team working across the country, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
The perfect candidate will be highly strategic and able to deftly execute sales strategies and drive growth. This individual is experienced, resourceful and possesses the project management ability to push forward sales initiatives with minimal guidance. They will partner with our brand and marketing and finance teams to measure sales success and align on new initiatives.
In this role you have the unique opportunity of building hint®’s Personal Care Sales Team. We are looking for a self-starter with proven experience in the industry working with premium brands who has a strong track record of building effective teams, identifying growth opportunities and driving sales. This role is remote and will report to the SVP, Sales. You are entrusted to oversee all aspects of our personal care product sales.
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan for hint®’s Personal Care including channel strategy, route to market, pricing, and resource
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing influencer, regional and national accounts ensuring the highest quality of communication and sales performance
- Hire, develop and retain exceptional talent to build an impactful sales team
- Manage relevant distributors and brokers and identify new partners required for maximum growth
- Develop and implement hint® account strategies to achieve sales plan for growth of our sunscreen product line and other personal care products
- Communicate chain account status and execution expectations to sales team
- Conduct analysis and develop presentations to increase hint®’s feature and display activity, expand distribution, optimize shelf position thereby increasing volume and market share
- Maintain, analyze and report on market data regarding account performance
- 60-80% of time divided traveling via car, train, subway, taxi and air between sales calls, meetings and developing business
- Balance of your time home office paperwork, phone calls and follow-up communication
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate Degree preferred
- 5+ years sales experience with extensive expertise in the personal care industry
- Senior Manager or Director level experience required
- A well-seasoned manager with proven experience growing and maintaining a successful and agile sales teams from the ground up
- Analytical and able to utilize data to ensure accurate forecasting and consistently improve sales performance
- Expert in the personal care industry with clear ability to increase hint®’s feature and display activity, expand distribution, optimize shelf position and increasing volume and market share. Sun protection experience a plus
- Knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and tools of the trade with a curiosity and thirst for continuous discovery and learning
- Experience utilizing and implementing sales tools a must (Repsly, BI tools, other)
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves style, used to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate about a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and promoting a product that enables customers to make healthy choices without sacrificing taste